Solved

Update Button is Inactive

I have a SecureAnywhere "product update" available on my MacPro, OS Catalina 10.15.4, but the UPDATE NOW  button is inactive.  HELP!

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 26 April 2020, 21:20

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @strickl56 

Yes there are many issues with the Mac client as you can see on the forums and all we can suggest is that you Submit a Support Ticket to see what they can do for you.

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue and it could take up to 48 hours.

Thanks,

Thank you! I will do that now.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Just received a Product Update Available window today.  Update Now button not responding. Have checked and activated Full Disk Access and the update button is still not responding.  I am running mac os Catalina 10.15.4.  Is this newer version of Webroot SecureAnywhere suppose to be compatible with Catalina 10.15.4?

HELP! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @Joaniebaloney 

Yes it should be please see here: https://community.webroot.com/webroot-secureanywhere-for-macs-18/full-disk-access-problem-343103?postid=358057#post358057

And here: https://community.webroot.com/webroot-secureanywhere-for-macs-18/full-disk-access-342891?postid=358031#post358031

Also here if and when you get the new update: https://community.webroot.com/webroot-secureanywhere-for-macs-18/mac-version-9-1-2-121-feedback-343980

If you don’t get it in the next couple of days then please Submit a Support Ticket and they will help you sort it out.

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue and it could take up to 48 hours.

Thanks,

Please let your customer support people know about this issue.  They have been horsing around with my ticket for 2 days having me run things like disk utility and repeating the same instructions about installing a .dmg file which does not work either..  I asked if it had something to do with the Catalina update… oh no, sure it isn’t that.  :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @duncanpmd 

I will ping the Community Staff to make sure they see it @freydrew  @khumphrey  @PVaddi they may not reply until Monday.

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hello @All,

This problem has been fixed in the latest version (9.1.3.103) but your software may be stuck on an older version. Please follow these steps to get to the latest version:

1.    Open Finder. 
2.    In the top left of the screen, hover over Go. A drop-down menu will appear. 
3.    Select Go to Folder. 
4.    Enter: /Library/Application Support/Webroot/ and click Go. 
5.    Double-click the file WSAMAC.dmg. The installation will start. 

6.    Enter your keycode and click Agree and Install. 
7.    If requested, enter your mac Username and Password, and click OK. 
8.    Click Install Extension. 
9.    Click Finish. The installation is complete.

Thanks

Pawani

PVaddi’s advice works great, right up to Step 5.  There is no WSAMAC.dmg file in that directory, no matter how many times I click the “UPDATE NOW” button.  Guess I’ll open a ticket...

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

PVaddi’s advice works great, right up to Step 5.  There is no WSAMAC.dmg file in that directory, no matter how many times I click the “UPDATE NOW” button.  Guess I’ll open a ticket...

Use this link to get the latest build:  https://mac.webrootmultiplatform.com/production/wsa-mac/10.15/9.1.3.103/WSAMAC.dmg

Please let us know the outcome!

Thanks,

Thanks TripleHelix - I was able to download the new file, but I can’t copy it to my Applications folder, because the old version of Webroot won’t allow me to send it to the trash.  I get the “The operation can’t be completed because you don’t have permission to access some of the items.” error when I manually try to trash it, and the “The operation can’t be completed because some items had to be skipped. For each item, choose File > Get Info, make sure “Locked” is deselected, and then check the Sharing & Permissions section. When you are sure the items are unlocked and not designated as Read Only or No Access, try again.”  Old version is not locked, and all users are set to read/write.

So, I did what I never do and told MacOS to keep both copies after dragging your .dmg-delivered 9.1.3.103 build to my Applications folders… and it worked.  Clicked on the “new” version, and it installed.  Weirdly, now both Webroot Secure Anywhere and Webroot Secure Anywhere 2 both now show a 27 July creation date.  Haven’t tried to delete either, since I got something working again. Not sure if you have any thoughts on which one I should try to drag to the trash.  Thanks for the download link, and for getting things working again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hi @jhedlesky  I’m not a Mac expert but if you like you can Submit a Support Ticket and they will help you sort it out and they have Sudo commands but will not share with the public because it can do damage as well.

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue and it could take up to 48 hours or more because of COVID 19.

Thanks,