Solved

Wait time for support response

• 15 January 2019
  • 5 replies

Badge +3
  • Fresh Face
  • 2 replies
How long should I expect to wait for a response to my question? I posted my question Friday evening because Webroot is preventing my new MacBook Pro from being usable. My question was acknowledged but no response arrived by Monday evening so I went to the Community Forum. I had to create a new account for that purpose because my user name and password was not recognized. I received a reply suggesting that I post my question to Webroot Support but warning not to ask the same question again or it would go to the end of the line. (Incidentally, I had to create a new account this morning for the purpose of being able to post this question.) My experience with Webroot and inability to get any meaningful response is beginning to take on a nightmarish quality.
icon

Best answer by LLiddell 15 January 2019, 18:44

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello @RPB Sorry for the problems you are having. I believe you posted this also in the Mac forum:
https://community.webroot.com/webroot-secureanywhere-for-macs-18/webroot-problems-on-macbook-pro-336666#post336939

I'll ping our Forum Administrator @LLiddell to see if she can speed up the process on solving this problem.

Dave.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
How long should I expect to wait for a response to my question? I posted my question Friday evening because Webroot is preventing my new MacBook Pro from being usable. My question was acknowledged but no response arrived by Monday evening so I went to the Community Forum. I had to create a new account for that purpose because my user name and password was not recognized. I received a reply suggesting that I post my question to Webroot Support but warning not to ask the same question again or it would go to the end of the line. (Incidentally, I had to create a new account this morning for the purpose of being able to post this question.) My experience with Webroot and inability to get any meaningful response is beginning to take on a nightmarish quality.
You had mentioned wanting to get a hold of someone via phone, did you have any luck with this? If you send me your email (the one you used to submit a ticket to support) I can at least take a look, however support is the end goal, so I will work to get you in touch with someone on that team so they can get you taken care of.
Badge +3
I called a number and got an answer Friday evening. But since I have a consumer account not a business account the person who took my call could only advise me to submit a support request, which I did. I did not see anything offered by Webroot in the way of telephone support or live chat, which was frustrating. When no response was made to my support request by yesterday (Monday) evening, I went onto the community forum, hoping for help from the community. What I received was a suggestion to submit my question, with a warning not to post the same question twice or it would go to the end of the queue. I believe my initial support ticket was submitted using my business email. However, this morning I had to try to create a new account (my third, actually). It would be wonderful either to speak with someone or have live chat or lacking that a detailed guide as to how to get Webroot to stand down on my new MacBook Pro so I can use it. I was certainly prepared for Webroot to assign one of my unused licenses to the new machine, but it simply crashes and generates a loop of dialog boxes.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Ok, I'll take a look and send you a private message. I edited your reply because you publicly posted your email, did that to protect your information. I'll send you a message here shortly.
Badge +3
Thank you. I confess to being totally unschooled in how to use these forums and means of communication.