Solved

Webroot & Clean My Mac X

• 18 October 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hello,

Why has my Webroot stopped working after I installed CleanMyMac X - it just won't open or do anything. Are the two incompatible? Am I now vulnerable to viruses?

Many thanks for any help.

John

icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 19 October 2019, 01:38

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Hello@nd307 ,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

I have read pros and cons of ‘CleanMyMac X’ So I am not sure if Webroot and CleanMyMac are compatible or not. But I am running Webroot on my Mac El Capitan and Malwarebytes and they are playing nice together..I run both because Webroot has had some issues and I need Security like everyone else. Also you can run another Antivirus along side of Webroot but I am not sure which are not compaitible with a Mac.

Are you running Catalina OS on your Mac perhaps? If so there are issues right now with the compatibility of Webroot and the new Mac OS Catalina. Please look Here

But my advice is to Contact Webroot Support and have them take a look at your system. This is a free service with your Webroot Subscription.

Hope this helps?

Badge +3

Ah yes, thank you so much for that. I have now discovered it is nothing to do with Cean my Mac. And, as you say, it is the Catalina OS. So, I will wait a little while to see if Webroot can sort this out. If not, I’ll have to go to a different provider. As you say, we all need security.