Solved

Webroot Mac Security Daemon - CPU pegged

• 29 November 2020
  • 4 replies

This is a constant problem on Big Sur.  Machine fans always blaring and CPU ~75% constantly for this process.  I’ve uninstalled/reinstalled a few times.  Scan is always running.  Losing patience, paying for 35 seats and everyone’s complaining.

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 30 November 2020, 15:59

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @markusMaximus 

Make sure you have this version 9.1.4.123 installed and if you don’t uninstall and download and install: https://community.webroot.com/home-product-releases-27/product-update-mac-version-9-1-4-123-345361

Here is the Direct download link for this version and it will only work on Catalina and Big Sur!

https://mac.webrootmultiplatform.com/production/wsa-mac/10.15/9.1.4.123/WSAMAC.dmg

HTH,

That is indeed the version.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @markusMaximus 

It’s best to Submit a Support Ticket and they will help you sort it out.

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue. A reply from Support should take from 24 to 48 hours but could take a little longer because of COVID 19 and the Webroot Employees are busy working from home.

Thanks,

2017 MacBookPro running Big Sur

I had the same problem with the Webroot Daemon not responding and it using huge amounts of memory.

Submitted a help request.  Webroot suggested best way to deal with it was by phone.  Done this before for seperate issue.

Got on phone with Mark G.  I allowed him remote control of my computer while he made some checks, did some adjustments, completely removed the version I had on the MBP and reinstalled what looked like the same version.  (Key is the complete removal of the old version...I guess.)

Although it took 45 minutes the problem is solved.  No more red letter “Webroot Daemon is not responding...”