Solved

Webroot Not Scanning After Installed

• 19 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1

I am trying to install Webroot antivirus on a Mac
The installation does not seem to be completing.
even though the Icon is in the Application folder but it is not launching.
during installation i did not see the window that has Scan button.
it does show up in the activity monitor but seems like not doing anything..

MAC OSX 10.14.6

I uninstalled in Safe mode a few times and reinstalled it.

Need Help.

icon

Best answer by russell.harris 19 April 2023, 08:15

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @kntswft 

I would recommend getting in contact with Webroot Support with this problem. When sending in a Support Ticket a copy of Webroot's log is automatically sent. They will be able to sort this problem for you.

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

Thanks,

Userlevel 1

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’ve had this sometimes when the policy is set to hide the GUI app so you can’t tell it’s running apart from in activity monitor. Have you checked the web console to see if the policy is set to hide the GUI?

Userlevel 1

I’ll this out. Thank you Russel

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No worries. I had this yesterday in fact on 8 new MacBook Pro m2s I installed. Even if the gui is hidden, if you check your web console seats you’ll see them pop up about 15minutes or so after the agent has been activated.

Hope it works for you otherwise contact support who are always helpful

Userlevel 5

An install on 10.14 (Mojave) will also install our Pre-Catalina (10.15) legacy agent. You might see more bugs on that version. I’d highly recommend updating to a more recent version of MacOS if at all possible. This will give you the latest versions of the MacOS product and protect you better overall.