Webroot not working after patch sent out for iMac Catalina

• 1 December 2019
  • 21 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5
  • New Voice
  • 7 replies

Webroot still not scanning properly since patch was sent out for iMac OS Catalina.

It scans for hours and hours and hours with no end in sight and does not stop.

Need help.   

Thanks Judy

21 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello Judy,

Sorry you are having problems with the scan time on WSA for mac on macOS Catalina. Other members have reported the same problem. Please see this post:

https://community.webroot.com/webroot-secureanywhere-for-macs-18/excessively-long-scan-time-341228

My suggestion would be to Contact Webroot Support.

Please submit a  Support Ticket  or  Contact Webroot Support  to sort this problem. This service is FREE with a Paid Subscription.

Support Ticket System is Open 24/7

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,

Dave

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

I can’t get it to open.  I can’t get it to do anything.  Mike Potts is the CEO.  I want HELP!

Userlevel 7

I can’t get it to open.  I can’t get it to do anything.  Mike Potts is the CEO.  I want HELP!

Sorry you are having problems also @kkparr33 

FYI: Mike Potts is not the CEO anymore. Webroot has been acquired twice this year. Please see these posts:

https://community.webroot.com/news-announcements-3/done-deal-webroot-acquisition-closed-337924

https://community.webroot.com/news-announcements-3/carbonite-to-be-acquired-by-opentext-for-23-00-per-share-341004

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Okay. Thank you.  I find out who to contact or I will have to choose another antivirus.  I can’t even open what I downloaded.  I want someone to help me fix this!

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

[...] I find out who to contact or I will have to choose another antivirus. [...]

@kkparr33 

I respectfully suggest that you consider switching to a competitive product. For the record, I did back in mid-OCT.

You have been having issues for some time. Specifically, you:

• started having issues months ago with “optimizer”. (Link)
  • have presumably struggled to get Webroot ‘working’ since the “Catalina-compatible” release. (Link)

The Webroot release that was reportedly compatible with Catalina was over two weeks ago. You have likely been without ‘protection’ for most of this time. At some point, you need to restore your ‘protection’. If Webroot support is unable to resolve your issues, it may be time to look for an alternative product that can ‘protect’ your valuable data. 

Note - Even if support can get the latest version of Webroot installed and running, there is a chance that it will not ‘work’ correctly for you. In short, other posters have reported issues with ‘glitches/bugs’.  For example, excessive scan times

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Okay. Thank you.  I find out who to contact or I will have to choose another antivirus.  I can’t even open what I downloaded.  I want someone to help me fix this!

https://www.opentext.com/about/executive-leadership-team

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hey all,

Please make sure to follow the instructions in this article to get Webroot to play nice with Catalina: https://answers.webroot.com/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=12&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&solutionid=3466

If you still have trouble, please contact Support

Thanks!

-Keenan

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

@khumphrey 

Thanks for posting. 

The OP, @JAE, was experiencing an issue with excessive scan times.

Your link provides instructions for granting full disk access and enabling extensions.

Will following the instructions in the link ‘stop’ the excessive scan times? IOW, is disk access ‘and/or’ extensions the probable “root cause” of the excessive scan times?  

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@BurnedByCatalina ,

I may have been mistaken in this case by posting that article. I’ll check with our product team and see if we have any official statement regarding excessive scan times in OS Catalina. 

I’ll report back with my findings.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

The scan time ran more than 56 hrs.   I finally cancelled it and moved my scan date to once a week to get it to stop.

When  it’s time for another scan , same thing happens.   Scans with no finish time in sight.   
Thanks khumphrey for your help and thanks to all else who has helped.  
Eventually I hope this will be resolved.   

Again thanks everyone,

Judy

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hey all,

Please make sure to follow the instructions in this article to get Webroot to play nice with Catalina: https://answers.webroot.com/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=12&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&solutionid=3466

If you still have trouble, please contact Support

Thanks!

-Keenan

Keenan,

iI tried this and it did not work for me.   After doing this step is when I started getting the excessive scan times.

@JAE 

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hey there @JAE ,

I just spoke with the tech support team and it looks like they’ve hd a couple other reports of long/never-ending scans in OS catalina. They are fully prepared to help you over the phone whenever you’re available to call: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact

Good luck!

-Keenan

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hello Keenan,

I was on the phone with Matt K. For an hour and he was able to get Webroot to scan finally.   It worked.

He was AWESOME!!! 

However,  now when I click on the icon now, it says “can not open app”.  
Where do we go from here?   

Thanks in advance,

Judy

Userlevel 7

Hello @JAE I had that happen to me once running on Mojave. A reboot fixed it. I don’t know if a reboot will fix it on Catalina but it’s worth a try. If that doesn’t work I would contact Support again.

HTH,

Dave.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thanks Pro Truck Driver, Dave

Your suggestion to restart my IMac worked.  I am able to open the app.  

However, it started doing a scan again.  I was  on the phone with Matt H ( tech support) for an hour and finally got the scan to work properly.

I’m curious now if it is still fixed?   The scan ran for an hour and worked properly.  
I’m skeptical that it will work properly cause it does not show a scan was completely about an hour ago.   
Judy

Userlevel 7

Sorry about the scan time with Webroot. When Apple upgraded to macOS Catalina IMHO Apple threw a monkey wrench into the mix with almost all third party security software’s for Mac computers. I have been reading other security forums and most are having problems also with Catalina. If WSA isn’t working right on your Mac I would call Webroot Support again and work closely with them to get the problem fixed.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

ProTruckDriver,

Thanks again for all your help, it is greatly appreciated.   I have contacted Tech Support again.   If this scan doesn’t work, 

I will be giving them a call again tomorrow.   

Judy

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

I am happy to report that the scan worked.  YEAH!!!!!

The screen does not show when the last scan was performed as it did before the update to Catalina.

Oh well, I guess you can’t have everything.   
Judy

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I am happy to report that the scan worked.  YEAH!!!!!

The screen does not show when the last scan was performed as it did before the update to Catalina.

Oh well, I guess you can’t have everything.   
Judy

Awesome to hear! :sunglasses:

Userlevel 7

Awesome! Glad your problem with the scan is fixed

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Awesome! Glad your problem with the scan is fixed

Dam Right for once!