Solved

WebRoot Secure Anywhere - "MacOS Security Feature has been disabled"

• 8 April 2021
  • 3 replies

WebRoot Secure Anywhere - MacOS Security Feature has been disabled. iMac on startup this morning. WebRoot Secure Anywhere displays information dialogue box that states: “MacOS Security Feature has been disabled”. Only one action available - “OK”. WSA stays Green & Protected. So what feature has been disabled? How to re-enable the Security Feature?

icon

Best answer by dstokes1 12 April 2021, 18:49

View original

3 replies

Hi @turm131a , the best course here would be to call our Business Support at 866-254-8400 for a Live Answer OR submit a ticket through your Webroot Console (calling is definitely going to be faster). There are several reasons the Endpoints may have acted like this and Support can review those Endpoint logs to pinpoint the cause. They’ll walk you through submitting them from those devices.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@turm131a ,

What version of MacOS are you on? If you’re on Mojave, I believe you may need to enable “full disc access” to get all the benefits of Webroot.

I’m going to ping one of our product experts to make sure I’m correct here! @dstokes1 - can you keep an eye on this thread?

Keenan, thanks for responding. I’m using MacOS Catalina 10.15.7. After I answered “OK” to the notification that WSA posted when I started the computer (“MacOS Security Feature has been disabled”) the WSA status screen displayed Green Checkmark Protected and has stayed that way. But I am curious about what WSA detected about the security features of my system. Since WSA flagged the security flaw, maybe WSA can identify it.