webroot wont launch

• 19 January 2020
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I just installed Webroot onto my Mac after, due to security reasons, my last subscription was cancelled. I downloaded the program but once I click on the app it won’t launch to allow me to actually input my key code or sign in and finish the download process. I have tried re downloading multiple times and nothing I am doing is helping. The program is not giving me a message or anything, when I click/double click it just does nothing. I put in a ticket but there’s been no response so any help would be great! Thank you 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Hello @Eeekkk 

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Sorry to hear you are having this issue with Webroot. Have you heard from Webroot Support yet?

May I ask you what Mac version you are running? El Capitan, Catalina?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I recently updated to Catalina and I haven’t heard back from support yet... @Ssherjj 

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Hi! I am sorry that they are taking so long to respond. Are you able to uninstall Webroot?

Uninstall WSA on Mac Computer
Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX

Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console

1. Shut down SecureAnywhere by clicking the Webroot icon in the menu bar and selecting Shut Down SecureAnywhere.

2. If prompted, confirm that you want to shut down SecureAnywhere.

3. Open the Applications directory.

4. Click and drag the Webroot SecureAnywhere program icon into the Trash in the dock.

5. A confirming window appears. Click Uninstall.

Webroot SecureAnywhere is now uninstalled. Reboot the computer.

Then reinstall following these steps to reinstall on Catalina:

https://community.webroot.com/webroot-secureanywhere-for-macs-18/product-update-home-webroot-secureanywhere-macos-catalina-10-15-341016

Maybe @ProTruckDriver can assist here as he is running Catalina?

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Hello @Eeekkk 

If you have issues uninstalling Webroot please follow below:

Please boot your Mac into Safe Mode and uninstall Webroot from there.

To start up in safe mode:

1. Start or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key. The Apple logo appears on your display. ...
  2. Release the Shift key when you see the login window.

You can also Contact Webroot Support by phone.. HERE

Userlevel 7

Thank you for the ping @Ssherjj but I have not yet installed WSA running Catalina. I’ve had problems with WSA on Mojave and uninstalled it. I’m going to need to get with Support to Sudo Command all the leftover files from the uninstall so I can start with a clean slate before installing on Catalina. Sorry I couldn’t be of any help on this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Thank you for the ping @Ssherjj but I have not yet installed WSA running Catalina. I’ve had problems with WSA on Mojave and uninstalled it. I’m going to need to get with Support to Sudo Command all the leftover files from the uninstall so I can start with a clean slate before installing on Catalina. Sorry I couldn’t be of any help on this.

Thank you PTD for your response.  I feel it was indeed helpful.😉

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

I uninstalled Webroot and reinstalled it but to no avail. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Sorry @Eeekkk ,

Then I suppose you'll need Webroot Support to sort this out for you. The Webroot Support by phone.is . HERE  You'll have to wait until Business Hours. Just a heads up you might be on hold for awhile. But in the meantime I would uninstall Webroot until you contact Support.

I apologize for all the inconveniences but I hope they contact you soon. Everyone in the office are off till Tuesday because of the Holiday. Maybe your Webroot Support Ticket will give you a response soon. 

I'll ping @freydrew so he is aware if this issue when he returns back to the office...for he is the Administrator of this Forum.

Regards Sherry

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

I just got a similar issue resolved by phone support today.

He did mention that we could try running First Aid in Disk utility after uninstalling Webroot, then try re-installing.

If that doesn’t work, a phone call to support is needed as they use some advanced commands not at our disposal to correct a known issue with Catalina.

Good luck….Tom