Solved

WSA is almost always orange, even when nothing found.

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

I know I have discussed this before, but I am still seeing this behavior, I still think it is a bug, but it makes the tool annoying because IMO it is always crying wolf. 

A scan just completed and it was “green.” Another scan started almost immediately, and everything orange immediately to start (as seen below.) Even after a green scan just finished, the color of Webroot app was, and is still, and is almost always orange.  This makes no sense to me. What actually is going on here and what is the app actually trying to indicate here going orange after a green scan?  The results tab was also empty FYI.

Then, after the  scan shown below detected no threats, everything went back to green, until the next scan started, and then orange again. But it does not always do this, just most of the time.

So why is it orange immediately after a green scan? That makes no sense, and causes me to “run and check it” when I really do not have to. But how would I know if it is a false orange or a real threat?  And FYI, it has not found a threat for the last dozen or so scans as far as I know. 

Here is a free idea: how about only turning it orange when you actually find something, and then indicate it in result immediately? This has bugged me for MANY years, I have reported it in the past as a bug, and I still consider it a bug.  So how do we get Webroot to fix this annoyance?  It mars an otherwise great product. Thank you. 

P.S.: Does it find something and automatically deal with it, and that is why it is orange? If so, that should be indicated front and center IMO. I have no idea why it goes orange.

icon

Best answer by ChadL 25 May 2022, 19:07

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 5

Hi there,

So this is a long standing bug, and we know its really quite annoying. This is a bug we are currently working on, or at least the main cause of the problem is currently being worked on. Long story short, the UI is losing connection to the Daemon at some point and the scan window is having to “assume” a color. When it loses a color it can sometimes not listen too changes from the Daemon. Some of our work includes shifting this “assumption logic” to a “ask for” sort of method, where the UI will wait and ask for what its state should be. The most important thing is that while it is annoying, you’re still protected and the actual malware protection should still be working.

I don’t have an exact timeline for when this will come out, but we’re hoping that in one of the next few releases it will be resolved. We’re bringing on another Developer this month which should also help us get more and more out! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I don’t have an exact timeline for when this will come out, but we’re hoping that in one of the next few releases it will be resolved. We’re bringing on another Developer this month which should also help us get more and more out! 

Sounds Good!

I Triple that!

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Let’s see if @ChadL can help!

Userlevel 7

Sounds Good!

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Nothing? Am I the only one who sees this? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Of course, today, its green!  :-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Yeah I have never seen this on Windows WSA, so maybe @ChadL might know of or heard about this

Userlevel 7
Badge +25

Thanks Chad. Strangely, someone already picked you answer as the best answer, even tough I wrote the questions. Thank you for whomever did that. I appreciate the answer and details. yep, annoying, and I can see how this can also be a pain for the programmers.  Thank you.