WSDeamon can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. It's on my screen and can't get this to go away. I tried to uninstall and reinstall Webroot. Not it won't let me redownload it. Help

• 7 October 2019
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
I'm stuck. The popup keeps returning to my screen I can't get rid of it. I can't redownload Webroot. I thought I read that uninstalling that and reinstalling it would help. I have logged in and out of Safari. Nothing works. I downloaded the Catalina update today. Help. My apple is not useable

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @adragonfly13

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Please boot your Mac into Safe Mode and uninstall Webroot from there.

To start up in safe mode:
  1. Start or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key. The Apple logo appears on your display. ...
  2. Release the Shift key when you see the login window.
Uninstall WSA on Mac Computer
Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX

Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console

1. Shut down SecureAnywhere by clicking the Webroot icon in the menu bar and selecting Shut Down SecureAnywhere.

2. If prompted, confirm that you want to shut down SecureAnywhere.

3. Open the Applications directory.

4. Click and drag the Webroot SecureAnywhere program icon into the Trash in the dock.

5. A confirming window appears. Click Uninstall.

Webroot SecureAnywhere is now uninstalled. Reboot the computer.

OR/AND Submit a Support Ticketand they will be able to assist you with the uninstall and reinstall of Webroot.

Edited: You can Contact Webroot Support by phone.. HERE

Hope this helps?
Userlevel 7
I'm stuck. The popup keeps returning to my screen I can't get rid of it. I can't redownload Webroot. I thought I read that uninstalling that and reinstalling it would help. I have logged in and out of Safari. Nothing works. I downloaded the Catalina update today. Help. My apple is not useable
Hello @adragonfly13

Please look at this Post:
https://community.webroot.com/webroot-secureanywhere-for-macs-18/product-update-wsa-for-macos-catalina-340517

As of right now Webroot is NOT COMPATIBLE with macOS Catalina. I don't know when WSA will be compatible. Please uninstall WSA for your Mac to work the right way.

HTH,
Dave
Userlevel 7
Badge +62

I'm stuck. The popup keeps returning to my screen I can't get rid of it. I can't redownload Webroot. I thought I read that uninstalling that and reinstalling it would help. I have logged in and out of Safari. Nothing works. I downloaded the Catalina update today. Help. My apple is not useableHello @adragonfly13

Please look at this Post:
https://community.webroot.com/webroot-secureanywhere-for-macs-18/product-update-wsa-for-macos-catalina-340517
As of right now Webroot is NOT COMPATIBLE with macOS Catalina. I don't know when WSA will be compatible. Please uninstall WSA for your Mac to work the right way.

HTH,
Dave

Thank you Dave..😊
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Well darn. And thank you!!! I’m stressed. I think I’ve messed everything up. I drug the icon to trash but it’s not there. Not sure I can uninstall now. Today I sort of wish that darn update hadn’t been on my scope.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Sorry to hear that you are stressed out over all of this. Webroot Support will have to do some Sudo Commands to help you uninstall Webroot on your Mac. Give them a call in the morning if you can and you’ll be on hold for a bit but they will take care of you free of charge. I’m running Webroot on a Mac but I have El Capitan on my system. But...

@ProTruckDriver do you have anything to add here?

Again we apologize for any inconvenience that this has caused you.

Sherry
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Oh, I hope so. I did find Webroot in the applications file. I drug that to trash but since this popup keeps happening I did not get the uninstall box. At least that's my assumption on it. What a mess. I do hope they can help me. Can you give me the best tele # to call?
Userlevel 7
Sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you @adragonfly13 . Like Sherry stated Support will help you uninstall WSA from your Mac.

Dave.
Userlevel 7
Oh, I hope so. I did find Webroot in the applications file. I drug that to trash but since this popup keeps happening I did not get the uninstall box. At least that's my assumption on it. What a mess. I do hope they can help me. Can you give me the best tele # to call?
https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/contact
Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Are you located in the US? Call 1-866-612-4227 if you are ...
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Yes, USA. I will call in the morning. Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@adragonfly13 ,

You’re most welcome. Please can you let us know if you get a chance how it goes with Support?

Thanks,
Sherry
Userlevel 7
@adragonfly13 I will be moving your Post over to the "Webroot SecureAnywhere - For Mac's Forum.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
I appreciate this site and all who contributed help. I will be happy to report how this goes.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Please see this update from our product manager: https://community.webroot.com/webroot-secureanywhere-for-macs-18/product-update-wsa-for-macos-catalina-10-9-19-340620