Solved

Eventerviewer: Event 7011, Service Control Manager: A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the DnsProxyAgent service.

• 13 February 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +16
I periodically get a "A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the DnsProxyAgent service" message in my event log. Sometimes this happens twice in a span of 36 - 39 seconds. What could be causing this? I still have DNS protection running according to dnsptest.webroot.com and I haven't really encountered many issues. I just want to reduce errors in the event viewer.
icon

Best answer by wowwee 26 February 2019, 21:17

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +35
Hi @wowwee, I reached out to our support team, and they let me know they have already assisted you with this and that it has been resolved. Let us know if you need anything else!
Userlevel 1
Badge +16
It turns out the issue that this was caused by was lack of sufficient resources. The computers I had been seeing this on had very low amount of memory available and a lot of CPU activity. Errors occurred even when uninstalling the DNS protection agent via Webroot portal. At any given time with a regular workload, I have an average of 5 MB of memory free not in cache so it explains why this error was occurring I haven't tried upgrading my ram yet, but this error will most likely go away once I get more memory or assign more space for the pagefile (I'm on an SSD so disk write speed isn't too big of a concern.).