Solved

Is DNS Protection supported on macOS?

• 3 February 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi, I tried to enable DNS protection for a macOS device (v10.15.3 Catalina). I noticed there is only a Windows icon on “Install DNS Protection” settings. Does this mean DNS protection is not yet supported on macOS? I checked the docs but couldn’t find anything about this. Is there a way to manually install the DNS protection agent if it is not possible via the policy settings? Thanks for any help.

icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 5 February 2020, 16:35

Hello @ronnel Welcome to the Webroot Community forum. :relaxed:

I’m not sure of this question you ask about DNS on a Mac computer running Catalina. I’ll ping our forum manager @freydrew to see if he knows.

Thank you,

Dave.  

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello @ronnel Welcome to the Webroot Community forum. :relaxed:

I’m not sure of this question you ask about DNS on a Mac computer running Catalina. I’ll ping our forum manager @freydrew to see if he knows.

Thank you,

Dave.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +48

It is possible to protect Macs, but only through the network version of DNS protection. As you noted by the Windows only icon, we have not yet released a Mac agent that allows remote and granular control of DNS. It is actively under development and should be released next quarter.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi @freydrew@ProTruckDriver thanks for your reply. I will be waiting for the next quarter’s release.

Cheers

Userlevel 6
Badge +29

Also Webroot needs to desperately bring back DHCP support on the network level. And support for enforcing DNS when VPN’s are running. A LOT of work to go. 

Pull your socks up Webroot and crack the whip. LOL

Cheers