Solved

Buying 2011 Boxed products and conversion to WSA 2012

• 24 February 2012
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello,

Can someone explain the procdure on how to convert when buying the Boxed version of the 2011 products to get the new WSA 2012 versions? And if there are any links?

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
icon

Best answer by MichaelB 24 February 2012, 21:25

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Great deal for 2011 versions with free upgrade to WSA 2012! http://store.downloadcrew.com/?act=search&brand=232

TH
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thanks Michael! ;)

Daniel
Userlevel 3
Hello,

If you have a cd for the 2011 software and want to get the 2012 software installed, you can use the link below to start the installation for Webroot SecureAnywhere.

2012 Installation Link

However you will need to know the new keycode that will be a mixture of letters and numbers before it will allow you to install the new 2012 edition of our software. You can send us an email and we will be able to let you know what your new keycode format is, we will just need you to send us your keycode and we will email back with the new format. You can use the link below to contact the Webroot support team.

Email Webroot Support Team

The other way you could do it is install the 2011 edition of our software and once it is installed you can manually check for updates within the program which will bring up a web page asking you to install the free update to the 2012 software. From there you can click on "Install Free Update" and during this process it will remove the old version and install the new version and it will automatically convert your keycode to the new format. To check for updates within the 2011 (7.0) software you can follow the steps below.

1. Open Webroot
2. Go to Settings
3. Go to Updates
4. Press "Check for updates now"

During the upgrade from the 2011 software to the 2012 software is should remove the 2011 software on its own, but if it does not you can uninstall it normally by going to your computers control panel. If you have troubles removing the previous version you can always send support an email and we will be glad to help you out by sending the removal tool for our 2011 software.

:catvery-happy:
Userlevel 2
your welcome
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
hi,
 I will try to help you since that is what i did i bought webroot secure anywhere complete for 2011 from downloadcrew.com software store. i then got key in email.I then downloaded from webroot secureanywhere complete trial which it asks for key.I put in key from store and automatically gave new key updated to 2012 version.and on webroot page go to support and it will have 2011
upgrade solutions if need further help.

hope it helps you.
Looks good to me!

Thanks,

TH
Userlevel 2
hi,
 I will try to help you since that is what i did i bought webroot secure anywhere complete for 2011 from downloadcrew.com software store. i then got key in email.I then downloaded from webroot secureanywhere complete trial which it asks for key.I put in key from store and automatically gave new key updated to 2012 version.and on webroot page go to support and it will have 2011
upgrade solutions if need further help.

hope it helps you.