my printer jam.

• 27 October 2014
  • 2 replies

my printer jam. I removed the paper but now when I turn it on it starts clicking, won't stop. How do you get to work?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
To add to what Sherry has said, it really is important to check with any available owner manual prior to clearing paper jams.

Not knowing what kind of printer you have, it is hard to give advice, but having dealt with large size jet and laser printers, I know that often there can be multiple access hatches that all need to be used in clearing a paper jam.  There can be more than one sheet of paper in process of moving through the printer at a time.

Also, manually 'forcing' a paper jam to pull it out can at times cause damage to the printer.

Check with the manual for your printer for any such suggestions as to removing jams, and also check your paper tray.  Older printers sometimes have a problem with the paper 'rollers' aging and not gripping as well when picking up paper from the paper tray.  That can cause a jam, but also if your paper is low that clicking may just be a 'weak paper pickup' detecting that there is paper there, yet not able to grab it.  Fill up the tray to the max fill line or close to it and see if that may help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
my printer jam. I removed the paper but now when I turn it on it starts clicking, won't stop. How do you get to work?
Hello odarobit,

Welcome to the Community!

This is ususally a Webroot Forum for troubleshooting but we do try to help with other issues. My advise is to go online to the maker of your printer and troubleshoot from there..for example HP.com. Just an added thought are your ink cartridges inplace?

Sorry you are having problems.

Regards,