Solved

Prevx Migration

Userlevel 7
  • Retired Webrooter
  • 1581 replies

Prevx is now Webroot!

Webroot acquired Prevx in late 2010 and has incorporated Prevx technology at the core of its Webroot SecureAnywhere antimalware platform.

The technology integration is complete and Webroot is pleased to begin the migration of Prevx customers to Webroot SecureAnywhere.

Current Prevx license holders will receive an automatic update to Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus on any system with the Prevx version installed. Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus offers award-winning and comprehensive antimalware protection, as well as firewall and identity protection features. The time left on any active Prevx subscription will remain in full force and the new SecureAnywhere program can be renewed when the current term expires.

Current Prevx single user trial versions will be updated to fully functional SecureAnywhere 30 day trials. Prevx trial customers are welcome to purchase the full version of SecureAnywhere at any time. If the trial version expires and you do not wish to purchase you may uninstall the trial.

New Webroot SecureAnywhere trials are available here.

If you have any questions or need any assistance, please feel free to reply on this thread, or click here to open a ticket and a member of our support staff will be glad to help you.
icon

Best answer by RetiredTripleHelix 12 March 2014, 22:57

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Good to hear I know many Prevx users will be happy! 😃 But I have say goodbye to my old buddy Prevx since 2004. :(

Daniel
What about those of us who purchased inactivated Prevx 3.0 keys? Can we directly activate WSA, or must we activate Prevx and wait for the auto update? Thanks in advance.
Userlevel 7
Hi,
You'll need to wait for the auto-update I'm afraid. The WSA client doesn't accept Prevx keycodes at this time. Most likely either it will be made to do so, or the Prevx keycodes will convert into WSA keycodes, which it will then accept.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:

Prevx is now Webroot!

I have fond memories for Prevx and I honestly admit that had Webroot not acquired Prevx I would probably never happened be a Webroot user. However I don't regret anything and with hindsight I admit this move was the best ever I did for my whole computing life.

Farewell Prevx. The king is dead, long live the king!
Userlevel 2
My main fear when I found out that Webroot had purchased Prevx was that Webroot would turn Prevx into rubbish. I can definetly say that almost 3 years on, this is not the case, and an extra is that the same customer friendly staff were kept on by Webroot. Prevx has not gone anywhere, it has just grown up into the adult that is Secureanywhere 😃.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
My main fear when I found out that Webroot had purchased Prevx was that Webroot would turn Prevx into rubbish. I can definetly say that almost 3 years on, this is not the case, and an extra is that the same customer friendly staff were kept on by Webroot. Prevx has not gone anywhere, it has just grown up into the adult that is Secureanywhere 😃.
That's so true and most if not all the Prevx Staff are now Webroot Staff. ;)

Daniel
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Prevx is now Webroot!
I have fond memories for Prevx and I honestly admit that had Webroot not acquired Prevx I would probably never happened be a Webroot user. However I don't regret anything and with hindsight I admit this move was the best ever I did for my whole computing life.

Farewell Prevx. The king is dead, long live the king!
Just couldn't agree more.
Today my Prevx dissapeared and a Webroot pop-up informed me that my subscription was to run out in 30 days.
In a purely knee jerk action, because I had no idea what was going on I uninstalled the webroot programme.

Now that I have an understanding of the migration programme I need to know that I have been treated correctly or incorrectly.
I did not have the trial version Prevx, I have a subscription version.
My subscription with Prevx is valid until March 2014, why am I being asked to pay in 30 days time?

I have sent the following to support but I don't seem to be getting anywhere:
URGENT where has my prevxcsi software gone?
my ability to scan my computer using prevx has disappeared .
why is this?
i am being told that some sort of webroot software requires payment shortly.
why is this?
i have a prevx subscr1ption for a year until 2014.
what has happened to that?
various websites, where i have had several years of trouble free intercommunication and that i require to interact with are now barred with the anti-phishing warning.
why is this?
please respond soonest.
kind regards john

Can anyone help with "migration issues"? Many thanks
Userlevel 7
Hello John and welcome to the Community!

TripleHelix is a long time Prevx user so you are in good hands 🙂
I noticed that Prevx still loads along with Webroot when I boot up. Is that redundant? Should I just uninstall Prevx?
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
I noticed that Prevx still loads along with Webroot when I boot up. Is that redundant? Should I just uninstall Prevx?
Yes you should and WSA should of uninstalled it during upgrade but on occasions it doesn't!

Daniel 😉
Thanks, Daniel!