Solved

Windows Washer's Cookie Keeper never finishes building the list of cookies.

• 19 August 2012
  • 8 replies

By process of elimination I determined that Windows Washer is deleting all of my cookies.  Obviously this is a problem.  I tried to run Cookie Keeper to fix the problem.  However Cookie Keeper never finishes building the list of cookies!  Help!
icon

Best answer by MikeR 22 August 2012, 17:53

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Thanks passingbat!
Thanks for your reply JimM. I have done as you suggested. Here's hoping that something happens as a result.
Userlevel 7
Passingbat, you're right that WSA's system cleaner does not contain a cookie keeper function.  If this is functionality you would like to see added to WSA, could you please kudo this related idea and leave a comment to indicate you'd like to see the return of cookie keeper?  The ideas exchange helps us to track the popularity of enhancement requests to help us get a sense of which ones we should focus on first.  🙂
Userlevel 7
With regards to having to keep logging in, don't forget that WSA has the Passwaord Manager. That is what I use to log into my various forums.

HINT: it may appear to not work with this forum as I cannot fill in the login info into a popup box. I turn on the Password Manager and then I click "Reply" in ANY post/thread. That brings a login page not a login popup and it works great!
@ wrote:
Welcome to the Community :D

My first recommendation is to try a free trial of our 2012 SecureAnywhere Complete product because Window Washer will not be supported much longer!

Please follow the instructions below if you would like Window Washer to exclude cookies when you run a wash.

1. Open Window Washer
2. Navigate to the Wash Setup tab
3. Select Edit under the browser you use
4. Uncheck Cookies and then select Apply
My license for Window Washer has just expired, and of course it will not let me renew it now, saying to use SecureAnywhere Complete. I already have that, but the absence of a cookie keeper has meant that I always use Window Washer, which is now dissabled.
SecureAnywhere Complete, seems to only give the option of deleting ALL cookies or none. I want to delete most cookies but keep the ones for such things as forums that I regularly use so that I don't have to keep logging in.

Have I missed a setting or is SAC just not as good as Window Washer in this respect?

Thanks
Userlevel 7
Hi bobpbobp,

This is why I recomended upgrading to SecureAnywhere Essentials or Complete. Window Washer was built around the time of Firefox 3 and the standard at the time of this post is Firefox 14.0.1. Since we are no longer developing Window Washer and we will no longer be supporting the product in the near future, its functionality will be diminishing as we come closer to the products' End of Life (EOL).

Here is a free trial of SecureAnywhere Essentials and one of SecureAnywhere Complete.

Uh, yea.  That's exactly what I didn.  The problem is WW never finishes building the list of cookies.  So I never have any presented to me to check.
Userlevel 7
Welcome to the Community :D

My first recommendation is to try a free trial of our 2012 SecureAnywhere Complete product because Window Washer will not be supported much longer!

Please follow the instructions below if you would like Window Washer to exclude cookies when you run a wash.

1. Open Window Washer
2. Navigate to the Wash Setup tab
3. Select Edit under the browser you use
4. Uncheck Cookies and then select Apply