Solved

Adding a Device to the Online Console

• 20 May 2012
  • 4 replies

To anyone and everyone,

I just today purchased the Secure Anywhere package. Unfortunately I am unable to add my iPhone
    as a device. I have the apps on the phone and I can access the Secure Web browser, but the Secure Sync app will not accept my accurate Username and password - even though it is readily accepted on my laptop. What gives? Why is this so difficult?
 I can't add my device when the app doesn't accept the correct User & Password.

Please assist,  Thanks,
icon

Best answer by YegorP 6 August 2012, 22:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi stankewitrobert,

Welcome to the Webroot Community; you've come to the right place to get your Webroot questions answered! :D

Your "MyWebroot" account was inactive for an excessive period of time so I went ahead and reactivated it for you. You should now be able to log in to the SecureSync app using your account credentials.

That being said, your iOS device will still not show up under mobile security tab in your "MyWebroot" account. This is because that tab is reserved for the mobile anti-virus portion of the account and the iOS apps are not anti-virus applications. For a breakdown of SecureSync, click here. And here is some more on SecureWeb!

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions!
I also have this problem with the SecureSync app accepting my password, however, the My Webroot is active because I just set it up last night and added two computers and would like to add my iPhone, finally got the app installed(had some iPhone issues) but now I can't use it. Please help! Thanks!!
Userlevel 7
Hey krobbins7515,

Sorry for the delayed response. Basically, your MyWebroot account was attached to an expired Webroot SecureAnywhere Essentials trial keycode. I went ahead and associated it with your Complete keycode and it went through. Now you should be able to use your iPhone app(s) with no problems.

Do keep in mind, though, that your iPhone will not show up in your MyWebroot account console for the reason described in my above post in this thread.

Let me know if you need any more help; I'll be glad to try to answer any more questions you may have! Also, welcome to the Community! 😃
Userlevel 7
Hey krobbins7515,

I just wanted to check again and see if my solution resolved the issue you were having. I noticed that you hadn't responded back. I am going to mark this as the accepted solution, but if you are still experiencing any issues with you account or iOS device, let me know and we can troubleshoot accordingly.

Thanks,