antivirus for Mac

• 26 June 2015
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
My son just got a Mac computer (laptop). And he was worried about not having a antivirurs protect on it. But found out he has ABS. Hope I'm getting this right. For now I know he isn't going to pay out for it. Nor is he going to install anything right now.
My question is, is ABS pretty good for a Mac?

6 replies

For Mac end user, its horrible. There are alternative free ones that are not bad. But I would recommend the 20-30$ on a subscription as it could potentially save hundreds or even thousands in damage.
Userlevel 7
Hi Sheils

Personally I would ditch everything else and go with a tried and trusted solution such as WSA...in the long run it will provide peace of mind and should the worst happen then you know that you have the Webroot Support Team avaialble to provide proefessional intervention (free to WSA user with a current subscription.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 2
@ wrote:
Hi Sheils

Personally I would ditch everything else and go with a tried and trusted solution such as WSA...in the long run it will provide peace of mind and should the worst happen then you know that you have the Webroot Support Team avaialble to provide proefessional intervention (free to WSA user with a current subscription.

Regards, Baldrick
Thank you Baldrick. When I renew which will be soon, I have up to 5 devices that I can protect and so far I'm only using one. Maybe I can convince my son to go with Webroot than. He is no stranger to Webroot either. He just is a person that gets very frustrated when things go wrong especially when his work for his job is on there.. Might have a better time for convincing him thinking about getting a Mac Air myself. And maybe when he sees me he'll get it.
Userlevel 2
Thanks shh! I might be able to convince son.
Userlevel 7
Hi Sheils

Go for it...I am sure that he has nothing to lose by trying to use one of the seats that you have under your license.  It really is a no brianer...easy to install, and if happy (and you can spare it) then job done, otherwise easy to uniinstall if not happy with the product.

If you cannot convince him send him over and I am sure that we can do so. ;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 2
@ wrote:
Hi Sheils

Go for it...I am sure that he has nothing to lose by trying to use one of the seats that you have under your license.  It really is a no brianer...easy to install, and if happy (and you can spare it) then job done, otherwise easy to uniinstall if not happy with the product.

If you cannot convince him send him over and I am sure that we can do so. ;)

Regards, Baldrick
LOL! Thanks.
I haven't brought it up to him yet. But it is his birthday tomorrow/today so I'll let him know than. For me I'm thinking of waiting for that laptop and getting myself ipad mini. That way it won't be too bulky and big for overseas. I have a ipad 2 and it is a bit heavy to carry.
Now if my son decides to try WR. How do I go about putting in my keycode for him? I imagine there is a free download that he does and puts keycode in?