Solved

Cannot log in to webroot from my iPhone.

Says to enter login credentials, but keep getting failed message.  I've now changed my password info on webroot twice and have waited the 15 minutes to take effect.  Starting to get frustrated.  Please help!

Thanks...
icon

Best answer by MikeR 17 September 2013, 01:50

View original

21 replies

Userlevel 7
Hey Prattman2,

I have looked into your account and found that your My Webroot Account was connected to a subscription that has been expired since May of 2011.

We will need to create a new My Webroot Account for your SecureAnywhere Complete subscription with a new email address in order to proceed. You can keep your password and security code the same and we can also keep your primary email address the same, the new one will be needed for logging in. I will send you the Complete keycode to use when creating a new online account.
I already entered my new key code into "My Webroot" when I renewed this morning... it won't let me start a new account under the new key code because I added that code to the existing account.  Any other ideas?

Thanks...
Tried again with a different email address, but again... it says that key code has already been registered.

Thanks...
Userlevel 7
I will send you a new keycode through a Private Message reflecting the same days and features of your current SecureAnywhere Complete keycode.

Please use this new keycode to create a new My Webroot Account. Once you have successfully done this I will deactivate the old keycode.
Thanks... just activated the new keycode.  I ordered the backup disk, will this new keycode mess with the keycode on the backup disk?  Thanks for your help.
Userlevel 7
Is the backup disk you are referring to a copy of the SecureAnywhere Downloader?

If so you can always access it from the above link and you can change your keycode within the program itself by clicking on "Account" and clicking "Activate a new keycode" as well.

Please let me know if the backup disk is something else entirely.  
I still cannot get my iPhone to connect to webroot for password management.  I can log into the community section with the iPhone, but when I click on the key... I keep getting a login failure mesage.  I've now tried to log in with both email address user ID's.  I'm at a loss and about now I'm thinking I shouldn't have upgraded to the protect mobile devices because it doesn't work. Have no idea what to try next...
thanks...
Userlevel 7
Hey Prattman2,

I noticed you have not yet made a My Webroot Account with the new keycode I had sent you in a Private Message. This is the reason that you cannot login to the "key" you are referring to.

1. Create a new My Webroot Account with the new email address. (You may need to login from a computer to finalize the process if you initialized it on your iPhone) Click here if you need additional help creating an online account.
2. Finalize the account creation and create a Security Code and Security Answer
3. Make sure you have Admin permissions by clicking on Account Settings and changing the permissions to Admin and Access under Access & Permissions

After completing these steps you will be able to use the Password Management functionality on your iOS device.
I did set up a new webroot account with that keycode... and I used the new email address to set it up under.  Not sure why you cannot see that on your end?
Userlevel 7
Can you please send me the new email address you used and also confirm the keycode in a Private Message?

[b]Prattman2 and helped setup his Password Management console and explained the features/functionality of the iOS app.
I have bought the complete version and am using it on my pc but cannot login on my phone. Have also just changed to a new phone but couldn't log in on old one either.

Userlevel 7
Hi Lindsay,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Are you trying to log into the SecureWeb app or the SecureSync app on your iPhone? What happens when you try to login? When you log into your "MyWebroot" account from your PC, do you see the "Passwords" tab at the top? Let me know and I'll assist you accordingly.

Thanks,
I cannot log into my webroot app on my iPhone even though I'm entering the same credentials as I did on my computer that worked fine
Userlevel 7
I see that you are receiving an invalid user name error, please try the email address I have sent you in a private message and reply with your results.
Hello,

I'm having the same problem on my phone.  I am able to sign on from my computer and have two up-to-date key codes (one for the phone, one for upgrading webroot), but when I try to sign in from my mobile phone it keeps saying "invalid key code"- (have tried both key codes multiple times, with turning the phone on and off, etc).

Would sure appreciate it if you might be able to give me some advice.

Thanks,
Vicki
Userlevel 7
Hello 97 and welcome to the Webroot Community!

I am guessing it will be something to do with the 2 key codes that you mentioned.  You may want to submit a Trouble Ticket to have things looked at at the back-end.
Userlevel 7
Hey 97 - Can you please Submit a Support Ticket as David has suggested and also Send me a Private Message with both of your keycodes so that I can assist in getting this resolved. :D
Ok, thanks.  How do I go about submitting a Trouble Ticket? It is on this website or through WR support?

Vicki
Thanks, sorry I did not see your message when I posted just now.  I will work on doing that- do appreciate your help.

Vicki
Userlevel 7
I have associated your Best Buy account to your online account and you should now be able to register the app to your Best Buy keycode. I have sent the proper username and keycode to you within a private message!
Userlevel 7
Thanks Mike!