How can I install this on my IPAD? It's asking for an 'invitation code.'

I have no idea if I'm in the right place on these boards, but it seems like this is better than trying to contact support (no live chat appears to be available). I just purchased coverage for '3 devices.' My Mac is fine, but I'd like to install it on my IPAD as well as my Samsung phone. On my IPAD, I downloaded the app but it keeps asking for an invitation code. I put in my key, but that isn't working. Can anyone tell me how on earth to do this or where to find instructions to do so? I'm ignoring the phone for now. I thought it would be far more simple to install on the IPAD and am disappointed and irriated.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @.

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Please delete the Business version of Webroot. This version asks for a keycode.

it's important to know that your iOS device will not show up under "mobile protection" in your account, regardless of what version of Webroot you have. SecureWeb and SecureSync are Webroot apps for iOS devices, but they are not anti-virus applications and thus will not appear in the mobile anti-virus portion of the account area.

To make sure you're following these instructions for installing Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Plus on an iPad:

iOS Download InstructionsTo download the SecureWeb app:
  1. If you have not yet created a Webroot account, go to https://my.webrootanywhere.com. Click Sign up now to begin creating the account.  
  2. Open the App Store on your device and search for “Webroot SecureWeb.” Tap to install the app. Alternately, you can download and install the SecureWeb app from iTunes at: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/webroot-secureweb-browser/id460986853?mt=8  
  3. Enter your Apple ID password. The SecureWeb app opens and installs on your device. Once installed, you will see the Webroot SecureWeb icon on your Home panel. Tap this icon to open the app.  
  4. To access Password Management functions, tap the key icon in the SecureWeb toolbar. Enter your SecureAnywhere user name and password. This is the same login that you use to access your Webroot account at my.webrootanywhere.com. If you have not yet created a Webroot account, go to my.webrootanywhere.com. Click Sign up now and complete your registration. When SecureWeb validates your Webroot credentials, a green checkmark appears above the key icon.
  5.  You can also see  Password Manager in Webroot SecureWeb.   Here's an KB article that you can look at for information! . Please have a look here  
  6. For more information, see Webroot SecureWeb for iOS Help.
 If you're still encountering any issues, it's possible the issue could be related to the permissions granted to your account.  To check your account permissions, sign into http://my.webrootanywhere.com, click your email address at the top right of the console, click Manage Users, and click the little person with the pencil icon on the right side of the screen.  Ensure that all of the values for your user are set to either Access or Admin level and that there are checks in the Passwords and Passwords Services boxes.

Now if you are still having issues then you can submit a Support Ticket and they can look into this for you free of charge with an active subscription.

Hope this helps,

Knd Regards,

Hi, thanks for your help! For some reason it will now not accept my login and password that I use with the program here on my mac. It's very unfortunate and super irritating. It should be exactly the same right?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi,

Yes your login and password would be the same as your Mac. My best advice here is to Submit a Support ticket so that they can straighten this issue out for you. https://www.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

Let us know how things go. Support usually is pretty quick to respond..usually around 24hrs.

Sorry I wasn't able to help you out!

Kind Regards,
Thank you, I really appreciate your help!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi!

Your most welcome and please keep us posted won't you? ;)

Kind Regards
If you are using Apple Ipad Air 2 - I would NOT try to install webroot's mobile app.  I have to say, on all my iPads I have found WSAC does not haandle iPads well.  Its fine on the computers. I recently noticed it was misusing the password....by suggesting to fill in the password at the location I was on.  I removed it...for me, I was concerned about safety.  I keep all my passwords in a book...and I always have it handy.
td777
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Well I happen to have an iPad 4 and I use the Password Manager through the SecureWeb and I do not have a problem that you are discribing.

If you are on a site that requires a Password, then yes Password Manager will ask you to fill in that Password or not.

If you change your passwords on a site and then you don't change this on your Online Account Console in the Password Management to update this password then yes Passworrd Manager will put in old password. Please have a look here at the Online User Guide for Mobile IOS

So I'm not sure if I understand your issue but Password Manager is secure to use on an iPad using WSAC IMO.

If you are having any issues then you can always submit a Support Ticket free of charge with a Webroot subscription and they can check this out for you. There are many IOS users who do use this feature without an issue.

Hope this was helpful?

Best Regards,