Solved

How to Clear your Browser Cache on an Android Mobile,IPhone, IPAD & Webroot Secure Browser

• 28 September 2015
  • 3 replies

I have WR Secure Anywhere installed on my PCs and an Android tablrt. I tried to add my iPad2. It already has the Secure Web app installed. I mistakenly thought, like many others I see from the forum posts, that the iPad could be protected from viruses with the WR Secure Anywhere software.

Now the iPad crashes every time I try to open it. The screen doesn't rotate and the slider doesn't respond to open the passcode keypad window. My iPad is now useless. Help?

I see from anotherr reply to iPad install issues that the antivirus part is for business and should not be installed. Okay, I'll live without it but how do I get my iPad to open up?
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 28 September 2015, 19:56

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

Sorry you are having these issues. Can you follow these instructions from here to restore your iPad.

If you cannot restore your device from iTunes then you might have to do a Hard reset of your device.

Press & hold the sleep/wake button and the home button at the same time for a least 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears.

Hope this helps to start up your iPad.

Kind Regards,

Wow, Sherry. That was too easy. I tried it earlier but didn't wait long enough for it to power off.  I restarted it and quickly deleted the mobile protect. Thank you. I'm glad I waited before erasing everything (although I haven't figured out how to do it from my PC).

Separately, I unistalled WR Secure Browser and Sync apps via the PC. I have the iPad still connected to the PC so now that the iPad is open I see that the two WR apps (that I want, not the Mobile Secure) are gone. Will reinstall from the PC now. Thanks again for stellar support.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi artemis!

Wow you had me worried and so I am so eleated that this was fixed for you! I have two iPads and I know how crazy it is to have them not working! LOLs

And you are most Welcome!:D

Have a great day!