Solved

IOS help

• 14 May 2013
  • 7 replies

Hi all,

Just downloaded the app for iPhone.

first, I am not able to use LOCATION services...meaning, can I use Webroot to locate a missing iPhone device?

second, i am not able to see the iPhone device on the list of My devices on mywebroot...how can I do this?

thanks
icon

Best answer by JimM 14 May 2013, 18:51

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello jeffgo888 and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

I'm not to sure about IOS Phones as I don't use one but here it doesn't say anything about Location services for iPhone and could be just for Android? http://www.webroot.com/En_US/consumer-products-mobile-security-secureweb.html And someone from the Webroot Staff will reply tomorrow to add more info if need be.

EDIT: I found this TKB article that will give you more info why it doesn't show on you Online Console: http://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-Mobile-for-iOS/How-do-I-add-an-iOS-device-to-the-mobile-security-area-of-the/ta-p/5195#.UZG1a8q609Y

TH
Userlevel 7
Welcome to the Community jeffgo888!

I freely admit that I am still learning, and this thread has brought a question to mind: As the iOS app contains Secure Synch and Secure Web, but not an AV component and so it does not show in the Console, does it count as a protected device in the number of licenses in use?
Userlevel 7
jeffgo888 - Lost Device Protection is currently only available on Android devices and your iOS device will not show up in the online console. 

The SecureWeb Browser (also containing Password Management functionality) and Backup & Sync apps are available to provide additional protection. To answer the other questions, the SecureWeb Browser and Backup & Sync apps will not count as a seat on your Webroot subscription. 
Userlevel 7

@ wrote:
.....To answer the other questions, the SecureWeb Browser and Backup & Sync apps will not count as a seat on your Webroot subscription. 

Thanks Mike!  Really that is something I should have already known... but it just had not occurred to me before.
Ok..so ...its pretty much a toned down version then of the Android one...where I can locate my device if stolen, etc..

why is this so?
Userlevel 7
At this time since iOS does not appear in the Console I believe that the locate function is not available. Maybe there will be additional functions in future versions (?)
Userlevel 7
While this is something we're looking at possibly doing in the future, Apple already provides a similar service by default on i-devices.  More information on that is available here.