ipad

• 24 July 2016
  • 1 reply

how do i install webroot on my ipad

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Hi fboyett

Welcome to the Community Forums.

There is currently there no antivirus/antimalware version of WSA available for devices running iOS.  This is due to the way that Apple manages the apps available to their OS and consequently one is not needed currently. As with all things this may change at some point in the future but that is the position currently as the view is that it is extremely difficult to infect an iOS-running machine, be it iPad, iPhone or Mac.

However, Webroot does offer a couple of applications that one can download from the App Store to backup your files and protect your internet browsing; these are called, respectively, Backup & Sync.Secure Sync and SecureWeb.

You can find either of them by searching for "Webroot" in the App Store on your iOS device. Which one you are entitled too depends on your main WSA subscription. As you are posting in the Internet Security Plus forum I assume that this is what you are subscribed to and therefore as per WSA you would only be entitled to use the SecureWeb app (as
Webroot Backup & Sync is for Complete version users only):

For more information on SecureWeb please see HERE. If interested in SecureSync please see HERE.

For information on how to install SecureWeb please see this KB Article.

And should you unfortunately have trouble logging into SecureWeb (it does happen sometimes) please see this previous thread that may prove helpful.

Essentially, to access the Password Management functions, tap the Key icon in the SecureWeb toolbar. Enter your SecureAnywhere user name and password (the SAME login that you use to access your online account), and once SecureWeb has validated your Webroot credentials, a green checkmark appears above the Key icon. More information is contained in the User Guide

Finally, there is information on how to add an iOS device to your online console HERE

I hope that the above is of assistance? If not then please post back here and we will look to assist further.

Regards, Baldrick