iPad2 crashes after installing Webroot Secure Mobile via iTunes

• 28 September 2015
  • 2 replies

My iPad will not open past the initial screen that shows the slide unlock switch. It crashed after installing Webroot Secure Mobile for iOS from iTunes. Did not realize this app is for business users. How do I open the iPad to uninstall WR. BTW, the iPad has has had Webroot Secure Browser on it for years without a problem.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi ?,

Can you recover your iPad from itunes from a different computer by plugging in your ipad to the computer?

Have you made any backups with iTunes  Otherwise follow the instructions to reset your iPad in this post

EDITED:

? I don't believe Webroot caused this to crash..maybe the updates that ipads are getting might of caused this. But if you feel it's a Webroot issue then please submit a Support Ticket and they can take a look for you free of charge with an active subscription.

Please let me know if you still are having problems.

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello again, artemis

To uninstall an application purchased or otherwise installed from the iPad App Store, simply do the following:
1. Hold your finger on either the icon for the application you wish to uninstall or any other icon until the icons on your home screen begin to shake or wiggle (the same action you take to move or re-arrange home screen icons).
2. Click the "X" in the upper left hand corner of the icon for the application you wish to remove.
3. When prompted, touch Delete.
4. To prevent the app from re-syncing to your iPad, plug the iPad into your computer. Under the iPad -> Applications tab in iTunes, de-select the application from the Sync Applications list.
If you have deleted the app from your computer, and you want to re-install the application at a later time, simply visit the AppStore and select the application again.

Kind Regards,