Solved

iPhone app not working

• 21 May 2013
  • 9 replies

The iphone app doesn't work!!!! no matter what I do I cant log on to the backup & sync app on my iphone.
icon

Best answer by JimM 25 May 2013, 04:27

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Please log into your My Webroot Account, click Account Settings under the drop-down arrow in the top right, and change all of your settings to Admin and Access

After you have changed the settings or confirmed that they are setup properly, please try logging into the Backup & Sync app again using your Gmail address and be very careful and deliberate with the characters you are entering on the mobile keyboard.
I am pretty regularly getting error message "An error occurred accessing data on the server.  Please try again" when attempting to log into Backup  & Sycn.  I deleted the app and re-installed it, noticing now the app says "new".  I have correctly entered my user name, password and key code.  I have set up a pin and whether in a 3G environment or my home network, I'm regulary getting the access error.  I have confirmed I am admin and have access in my account.  I'm on an iPhone 4, ios 6.1.3.
Userlevel 7
Hello jims145 and welcome to the Webroot Community!

You are getting the error regularly, but are you also at times able to get logged in correctly?  If so, you might want to submit a trouble ticket.  The link is below in my signature area.
Thanks DavidP....That is correct;  I am able at times to get logged in correctly. I will submit a ticket.
Userlevel 7
This was due to a brief outage today. The outage was taken care of, but it will take some time over the weekend to restore peak performance. The intermittent error you're receiving should resolve itself as the network begins to renormalize. If the issue is ongoing by Monday, I'd open the ticket at that point, but for now it's a known issue that is going to be taken care of in relatively short order.
Thank you JimM....Do you know if this also occurred in the recent past? I had trouble sometime between the 15th and 21st of May...can't pin down exactly when, but I believe a couple of times in that time frame. That was also before I upgraded the app .
Userlevel 7
You're welcome. That one wasn't on our end as far as I'm aware. The same kind of error can also occur from a spotty signal or other network issues.
Very well.  I'll keep my eyes peeled over the next several days.  Again....appreciated.
Userlevel 7
Jim, again, thank you!