iPhone X security?

• 22 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Recently, my wife lost her iPhone X and it is showing offline. It was fully charged earlier in the day so it was destroyed by someone or turned it off. Wouldn’t it be a helpful iOS feature to enable password protection to turning the phone off?

This would essentially make the phone location known as long as there was battery life. Are there any security reasons Apple wouldn’t add this? I’ve sent it in as a feature request but surely I’m not the first person that has thought of this, right?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@eicarh ,

From what I understand, Apple has their own “find my iPhone” service available for iOS devices. I’d seek that out as a possible solution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@eicarh i have been absent from the community for a long time due to health reasons but in the older versions of wrsa there used to be a locate my device feature. I know cause i used it to track my son's tablet and it was very very acurate ( more then the other tools around ). Now your device is lost there's not a lot you can do but fir your future dev8ce there are 2 things you can do.

First check out the Apple Airtag feature ( https://www.apple.com/newsroom/2021/04/apple-introduces-airtag/ ) or check out www.preyproject.com.  Their software also runs on iOS and i have it running on my tablet as i frequently forget where i left it ( due to required medicine intake ). Works nice and acceptably accurate.

This is as far as I'm going with promoting other tools. I have some catching up to do on the WRSA features.