Solved

Phone's not checking in?

So a few weeks ago we decided to test the mobile protection on all of our companies iphone's. When I check the mobile protection, it shows that none of the phones have been checking in. Does anyone know a fix for this? None of us have installed the browser on the phones (we're all still using safari.) Any help would be appreciated.
icon

Best answer by shorTcircuiT 16 June 2014, 15:17

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello NickH, welcome to the Webroot Community!

That is, as far as I know, normal for iOS devices.  At this time WSA for iOS devices does not show up on the Console.  Please see this KB Article for more information.

The Product Page for iOS lists the services available for that platform.  iOS devices are different, and Apple does not allow AV in the traditional sense to be installed on the devices, nor is there considered to be a need. The threats that iOS users face are not infected files or apps, but rather malicious links, phishing websites, Identity Theft risks, etc.   The Secure Web Browser is an essential part of this protection as it blocks malicous websites, secures online transactions on shopping and banking sites, and more.

The result is that a fully protected iOS device will not show up in the Console.

I hope this helps, but please let us know if you have any additional questions.  @  might perhaps have more details to provide you as well.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello NickH, WELCOME to the Webroot Community! Great to have you here. I have an IOS and it does not show up in the console.  But I am using WSAC and I use Secoure Web Browser and Backup & Sync.

As @ saids:

The result is that a fully protected iOS device will not show up in the Console .... but if you have Backup & Sync it will show up there after you open Backup& Sync with your email address and password. You will see your IOS.

Have a great day! And post back if you have more questions or you just want to look around!;)

Userlevel 7
Thanks @ !!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
😃 @ , I believe this version of Backup & Sync is included withWebroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Complete. So we need to know what version he is using?

Thanks for the prompt responses I appreciate it. We are an MSP with about 300 seats. We were testing out the mobile protection on our phones. We use Business endpoint and web security. We have 10 licenses for the mobile protection that we're currently testing. The devices show up in the dashboard, but the the last check in for all of the devices was over a week ago.
Userlevel 7
The Endpoint Console (Dashboard) will be a bit different than the Consumer Console.  The Consumer doesn't show iOS devices at all, but I am not surprised that you DO see them on the Business.  It serves to show you how many are deployed, (How many device licenses are in use), so you can manage your licenes, though it will still not show them actually checking in.

@ is our Community Manager, and he may be able to provide more specific details here.  I am trialing the Business Endpoint, and have it deployed on a few PC's and Androids, but not on an iOS device at this time.  As such, while I know how it is handled on the Consumer end, I am not postive about my above reply when it comes to the Business version.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
That sounds like things may not be working right.  Getting mobile for the phones takes a bit more work due to the need to setup the certificate.  I'd say go ahead and contact enterprise support and they'll be able to get this sorted out.
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
That sounds like things may not be working right.  Getting mobile for the phones takes a bit more work due to the need to setup the certificate.  I'd say go ahead and contact enterprise support and they'll be able to get this sorted out.
So Nic... classroom time here for me, on the Business Console and App, the iOS devices DO check-in?  (I know we do not see them on the Consumer, but again there are major differences in the Business and Home Consoles!)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@DavidP1970 wrote:
@ wrote:
So Nic... classroom time here for me, on the Business Console and App, the iOS devices DO check-in?  (I know we do not see them on the Consumer, but again there are major differences in the Business and Home Consoles!)
 Yep, they should.  I've set it up on my phone, just so I know the basics.  I'll have to check and see if mine shows itself as checking in.
Userlevel 7
Thanks!  Later on I might PM you for details as to what it SHOULD be doing and what it should look like, on the device and the Console, so I can better field this question.

You Rock!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Yes Nic I don't have an IPhone but I know my IOS doesn't show up on the console...So I'd like to know also .. ;)

Is this link informative http://www.webroot.com/us/en/business/products/endpoint/management-complexity/control
On the Business endpoint the iOS phones check in. Our phones are having issues checking in though. I'll post a screen shot when I get a chance.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thank you I apologize for incorrect response..previously made in earlier post not realizing these were for business phones. 😞
Userlevel 7
NickH, Nic posted the link to the Business Support above.  You might want to submit one, and if you get a chance let us know what they have to say once things are fixed :)  A few of us are working to learn the Business Products so that we can give correct answers, faster, Sherry and I among them  🙂