Solved

Trouble logging in to SecureSync on iPhone

• 1 September 2012
  • 19 replies

Hello,
I am also having trouble logging into Webroot SecureSync on my iPhone. I am using the same username/email and password, but it is telling me that it is incorrect. Please let me know how to fix this.
Claire
icon

Best answer by YegorP 4 September 2012, 16:24

View original

19 replies

I'm also having this difficulty. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello clairebochenko and Karemel and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forms!

The Community Staff is offline as it's the Labour Day long weekend and if your issue is serious you can Submit a Support Ticket and they will be able to help you!

TH
Userlevel 7
Hello clairebochenko and Karemel, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. 😃
Userlevel 7
Hey clairebonchenko and Karemel,

I see you have been warmly greeted (thanks T.H and P.T.D for holding down the fort on this long Labor Day weekend!)...Basically, this is a "same issue, different reason" kind of scenario. But before I get into the solutions, I'd like to preface by saying that you must have a Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete subscription to use the SecureSync app for iOS.

Claire,
I wasn't able to find a Complete subscription using the email address you used to register here on the Community so I've sent you a Private Message requesting a bit more info. As we wouldn't want you posting personal information on a public-facing forum, please reply in a private message as well!

Keremel,

You've got a handful of keycodes under your email address and your "MyWebroot" account was attached to one of the expired ones so I went ahead and associated it with the new Complete keycode so you should be good to go. Let me know if you're still having any issue with the app.

@ wrote:
Hey clairebonchenko and Karemel,

I see you have been warmly greeted (thanks T.H and P.T.D for holding down the fort on this long Labor Day weekend!)...Basically, this is a "same issue, different reason" kind of scenario. But before I get into the solutions, I'd like to preface by saying that you must have a Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete subscription to use the SecureSync app for iOS.

Claire,
I wasn't able to find a Complete subscription using the email address you used to register here on the Community so I've sent you a Private Message requesting a bit more info. As we wouldn't want you posting personal information on a public-facing forum, please reply in a private message as well!

Keremel,

You've got a handful of keycodes under your email address and your "MyWebroot" account was attached to one of the expired ones so I went ahead and associated it with the new Complete keycode so you should be good to go. Let me know if you're still having any issue with the app.

Hello.  I am having the same issues with an incorrect product code. I don't see a way to change it myself.  Would you please correct it for me so I can log onto my phone?
Userlevel 7
Hello MaryW and welcome to the Webroot Community!

When you say you are having the same problem, I assume you have logged into the Account Console and found that the email address/profile you are using is associated with an expired key code?
Yes. I went to the user accounts and checked to see if I needed to grant permission.  I noticed that an old code was in place.
Userlevel 7
OK.  We will need a Webroot MOD or support tech to fix that.  I do not think there is a MOD online at the moment, but you can also submit a Trouble Ticket requesting that the profile be associated to the new key code.
Thank you.  I appreciate your help.
Userlevel 7
If @ is around, he might also be able to help get it fixed for you.  (Hoping he is still on.. I saw him earlier 🙂  )
Userlevel 7
Yep, I'm checking right now 🙂
Userlevel 7
Here he is 🙂  Thanks Jim!
Userlevel 7
Mary, I think you should be all set now. If not, please let me know. 🙂
Thank you Jim for replying so quickly.  I just tried to log in on my Iphone and it still won't let me.  I have no problem logging in on my laptop.
Userlevel 7
That's probably due to the known issue that is being sorted out this weekend.  There have been some reports that Backup & Sync isn't consistently letting people into their accounts.  We believe we corrected the underlying issue Friday afternoon, but it make take some time for the service to normalize over the weekend.  If it's still acting up by Tuesday, we'll need to look into it further.  If you're able to log into your password management feature in the SecureWeb app (also for iPhone), that would confirm it's a Backup-specific issue and is most likely related to the known issue.

We apologize for the inconveniece as we take care of this issue.  Please let us know if there's still an issue Tuesday.

There is one other thing I'd like to clarify, on the off chance this is a different problem, and I'll send you a private message shortly to see if we're looking at another kind of problem.
I went back into my account and approved the permission tab and I was able to log in this time.  I haven't checked the sync and backup yet. Thank you for your time and promptness. Have a good day.
Userlevel 7
You're welcome Mary! I'm glad the situation is sorted out. Have a great weekend! 🙂
I have the same issue I'm trying to log in and it keeps saying that it is wrong can someone help???
Userlevel 7
Hello Bquilla07, welcome to the Webroot Community!

This can be caused by quite a few different things.  The first thing to check is to make sure your device is connected to the internet correctly.  (Sometimes the simple things work!)  Try to access a web page to make sure it is working!

There are several other common issues, and this KB Article may help as well.

Next, go to the Account Console and log in.  If you have not yet created your Account Console, you need to do this in order to log into the mobile apps correctly.

Once logged in, click your email address at the upper right corner and choose "Manage Users" from the dropdown.

Locate the profile (Email address) you are wanting to use to log in.  Check to make sure that all permissions are set to Access.  If you have WSA Internet Security Plus for your computer, you will need Mobile Security and Password access.  If you have WSA Complete for your computer, you will need Mobile Security, Back & Synch and Passwords all set to access.  If you do not have a license for your computer, and are using only the standalone Android app, you will need just Mobile Security set to access.

If these permissions are not correct, click the little "person icon" at the far right end of the profile you need to edit.  On the next screen, click the Access & Permissions tab at the top.  Adjust your settings here, and while you are here check the key code listed. If you are using the Mobile App as part of the protection you received  with WSA for your computer, the key code must not be expired, and if you have WSA Internet Security Plus or WSA Complete for your computer this key code should match what you are using on the computer application.  If the Key Code expired or does not match the key code for your computer, you may need to Submit A Trouble Ticket for assistance.  Changes to settings in the Account Console can take 20-30 minutes to take effect, so grab a chair, a nice cold glass of water and relax a few minutes.  

Hopefully SOMETHING in this overly long reply will help!  

Please let us know how you do, and you can also submit that Trouble Ticket for further help if needed as well.