1 app being piggybacked

• 3 February 2021
  • 18 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

My Android Weather app,which is factory installed,and can't be uninstalled, has a history of being piggyback. Example 30 minutes ago outside temp has been at 19 degrees and has stayed there for at least 2 hours, not moving. So I went to settings and forced off and disabled the app.Then reable it,why I have to do this is beyond me.but temp changed from 19 to 30 degrees They appear to be using a mirror effect to try and confuse me. I have always had to do this for appox a year. Any Suggestions???

This topic has been closed for comments

18 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I tried to uninstall , but 1weather is a default app.factory installed. The best I can do is disable & force stop😟

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thanks brother I'll experiment!

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I can only suggest that you check out the highest rated ones, but also review the comments. AccuWeather is almost the same, but with a different color scheme. Might have the same issue, but you'll have to experiment. Since Android 5.0 a lot of apps have been having this problem with background running services being restricted. Good luck

Userlevel 3
Badge

I thank you again and do you have any suggestions for a weather app?

Userlevel 3
Badge

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.I WILL UNINSTALL IT AND INSTALL OTHER.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Also, you could reach out to OneLouder (who make 1Weather). Maybe they'll have a fix

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Ahhh...1Weather. Used to be a personal favorite, but a few months ago it started to seem like every other update it would have problems of some kind, so stopped using it for a while. I think it was right around the time the changed all the widgets. I tried using an older version of the app & turned off automatic updates, but I got aggravated by having to manually update all my other apps, so just took a break from 1Weather for a while

Userlevel 3
Badge

EXTENDED, HOURLY & 12WEEKS.I have it set for hourly,and reviews for 1 weather is rated excellent

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

And what setting (in the app) did you set for the notification to update? Some factory weather apps only update every hour at most, but you'll have to set it that way. It could also be possible that the app itself is not very good. Luckily there's a lot of them on Google Play

Userlevel 3
Badge

Yes

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Most weather apps need location permission, so that sounds normal. Do you have the 'ongoing notification' on?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Unfortunately switching off optimize for weather app wasn't the answer. Example: under permissions in storage consentely have to clear data & cache.under permission only turn on location, but after a while storage turns itself on.I really thought I had fixed it.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I took your advice,and here's what happened. Yes I went battery optimization and found weather app is being optimize.I switch it to not optimize.Thank-You.I hope this will do the trick!

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

For most phones/tablets it would be in the settings menu under battery or battery saver, power saver, device care, optimization, or something similar. Tapping that should bring up a list of your installed apps and whether they're being optimized or not. If it is, just switch it to not optimized. Some of your apps can't be optimized, like your core apps. Some, like Webroot, shouldn't be optimized. Give it a shot

Userlevel 3
Badge

How would I do that?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Sounds like your battery saver/optimizer is disabling the weather apps background usage, or even turning it off. You should be able to go to your settings & take it off the list

Userlevel 3
Badge

Triple Helix, Question: 1st thank-you for answering so fast. But if Webroot Support are unable or can't help,then in your opinion is there anyone or anything that could relieve me of this situation. Also do you know if anyone in the community that also have or had this happen to them?

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Sorry but it hasn’t anything to do with Webroot Mobile Security.