Solved

33% battery usage for Webroot ???

• 15 December 2012
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Hello,

Just installed WM on my Galaxy SIII and WM itself shows :

In the WM "battery controller" :consumption at 33% (second rank after display !)
In the WM "actual consumption" : 3.63 %

But, since it's installed, battery loading is much longer than before.

Did I something wrong in the config, and how can I change that ??

Thanks for your help

icon

Best answer by MikeR 16 December 2012, 20:00

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
This is not typical behavior of the mobile app. Is the battery usage spiking when you are running a scan or using the SecureWeb browser perhaps?

Have you changed any of the default settings? I have listed a few tips below that may help lesson the battery consumption by SecureAnywhere.

Definitions Update Frequency
Open SecureAnywhere>tap Security>tap Antivirus>tap Schedule>tap Definitions Update Frequency>change the frequency to Daily or Weekly

Scan Frequency
Open SecureAnywhere>tap Security>tap Antivirus>tap Schedule>tap Scan Frequency>change the frequency to Daily or Weekly

WARN Enabled & Persistent Status
Open SecureAnywhere>tap the Android menu button>tap General Settings>uncheck Persistent Status & WARN Enabled

If you think there are other problems such as a slow-down in battery charging due to SecureAnywhere, you can try a fresh uninstall (Open SecureAnywhere>tap the Android menu button>tap Uninstall) and reinstall from the Google Play store with the default settings to see if the same battery usage issues remain.
Userlevel 7
It's also worth noting that if you run a scan immediately after unplugging from a power source, the metrics presented in the Android OS battery usage meter are skewed by virtue of the fact that it starts tabulating battery usage following the disconnection from the power source and that Webroot is doing a lot of extra work immediately following that disconnection.  Likewise if you have just installed the program for the first time, ran the first scan, and then checked consumption in Webroot's own App Inspector.  It works like how gas mileage on a car is calculated for a single trip.  If you turn on the car, right off the bat, it shows you 0.0 MPG, and as you start to drive, that number increases.  Not having enough data to go off of, the results are skewed until enough data is available for the reading to be statistically valid.