Solved

Account creation failed

Userlevel 1
Whenever I try to register Webroot on my phone I get the following message.  License check failed due to invalid keycode.  The keycode i am entering is correct,  However it will not take.  Full message states:  Account creation failed.  Raw error:  com.webroot..engine.LmExcept ions$WRLicenseManagerInvalidKeycode: License Checkfailed due to invalid keycode. Responsecode: 1Access denied (E339).

Do I need to get a new keycode?  Any help would be appricated.

Gordon
icon

Best answer by Baldrick 26 May 2014, 22:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi 2young2retire

Welcome to the Community Forums.

The couple of times I have come across this it has been due to incompatible keycodes/versions...so it could be that you are trying to install the wrong version on your Android device.

Best thing to do is follow the advice, to troubleshoot this, provided by one of our gurus @ which goes as follows:

"The first thing to check is to make sure your device is connected to the internet correctly.  (Sometimes the simple things work!)  Try to access a web page to make sure it is working!

Next, make sure you have the right version downloaded for your license of WSA.  Please refer to this KB Article for help.

There are several other common issues, and this KB Article may help as well.

Next, go to the Account Console and log in.  If you have not yet created your Account Console, you need to do this in order to log into the mobile apps correctly.

Once logged in, click your email address at the upper right corner and choose "Manage Users" from the dropdown.

Locate the profile (Email address) you are wanting to use to log in.  Check to make sure that all permissions are set to Access.  If you have WSA Internet Security Plus for your computer, you will need Mobile Security and Password access.

If you have WSA Complete for your computer, you will need Mobile Security, Back & Synch and Passwords all set to access.  If you do not have a license for your computer, and are using only the standalone Android app, you will need just Mobile Security set to access.

If these permissions are not correct, click the little "person icon" at the far right end of the profile you need to edit.  On the next screen, click the Access & Permissions tab at the top.  Adjust your settings here, and while you are here check the key code listed. If you are using the Mobile App as part of the protection you received  with WSA for your computer, the key code must not be expired, and if you have WSA Internet Security Plus or WSA Complete for your computer this key code should match what you are using on the computer application.  If the Key Code expired or does not match the key code for your computer, you may need to Submit A Support Ticket for assistance.  Changes to settings in the Account Console can take 20-30 minutes to take effect."

Run through these suggestions, and certainly the first two may be the most pertinent, and post back to let us know if anything helps.  If it does not then it is best to wait for Support to contact you, as a result of the Support Ticket being raised, as they may need to take a look in the back office system to see if the issue resides there.

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 1
I went back and uninstalled all the Webroot apps I had downloaded and followed this advice.

Next, make sure you have the right version downloaded for your license of WSA.  Please refer to this KB Article for help.

I redownloaded and installed the free app and then logged onto my account from inside the app.  Looks like everything is working like I want now.

Thanks a lot.

Gordon
Userlevel 7
Hi Gordon

My pleasure.  Great news...glad to hear that the issue is sorted for you.  Thanks very much for letting us know.  Much appreciated.

As I suspected, from what you described it was going to be one of the first two suggested solutions...and it turned out to be the second one.  The mobile versions available for WSA can be a bit confusing so you're not alone in this by any means.

Well, hope that we will see you around some more in the future...the is a fun and very sociable place to hang out...if you have not already I recommend a nose around the other Forums...just to see what is occurring. :D

Have a great week

Regards

Baldrick