account renewal

• 17 February 2019
  • 7 replies

Badge +3
I can't renew. There's a network error contacting the server message. Why? Solution?? I have tried for 3 days and still I am blocked.

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi dlescohier

Welcome to the Community Forums.

May I ask as to how you are trying to renew? Is it via the 'Renew/Upgrade' link that can be found in the footer of the Webroot.com site?

If so then please advise as to which one you are having the issue with as I have tried both the US & UK sites and they seem to be working fine.

You say that there is a "network error contacting the server" message; at what point does this manifest itself and are yo sure that it is not an issue with your own or local network?

If not trying to renew via the 'Renew/Upgrade' link, then please advise as to how/where you are undertaking the renewal.

Hopefully, with some further information we may be able to assist you.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Regards, Baldrick
Badge +3
Yes I am using the link at the footer of the page. There's no indication of the link destination U.K. or US. As soon as I touch the button it displays the network error contacting the the server message. I am having no other network error contacting anything else including this help forum.
Badge +3
BTW, Does 'Secure Anywhere' mean anywhere or does Webroot block certain countries?
Badge +3
NOT SOLVED YET !!
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
NOT SOLVED YET !!
I removed the Solution so it remains unsolved, sorry.

Best Regards,
Hello @dlescohier ,

Don't know if this will help, but you can try this link...

https://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/renewal

Or call Webroot...

1-866-350-6089
7am-6pm MST
Userlevel 7
Yes I am using the link at the footer of the page. There's no indication of the link destination U.K. or US. As soon as I touch the button it displays the network error contacting the the server message. I am having no other network error contacting anything else including this help forum.

Hi dlescohier

Apologies for not responding sooner...day job got in the way...😐

The UK site is in fact https://www.webroot.com/gb/en/home/renewal so you can try that one too...but I have just retried both sites and I am having no issue reaching and/or using them.

So being based in the UK I am not seeing any impediment to accessing the US site. Where are you based/looking to renew from?

Also, is it at all conceivable that you are having a firewall or DNS server issue? Please provide the exact wording of the message you are seeing plus any error code associated with this. That may give us a better idea of where to look for a solution for you.

Regards, Baldrick