Activated new key code but getting message license is expires

• 17 August 2016
  • 2 replies

Badge +2
Activated new key code from sealed product and after successful installation message still getting notified that license is expired.

2 replies

Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community.

Can I ask where you purchased you copy of Webroot.? The reason I ask is that if you purchased Webroot online from an individual seller, like on ebay, you may have purchased an expired, Best Buy version of Webroot. There are many of these available on the internet but what many sellers don't realize is that Best Buy versions of Webroot are activated at the time of purchase (usually when computer is purchased). If a seller sells their sealed copy a year after they purchased their computer, it will be expired. If you don't have a Best Buy copy and purchased from a reputable retailer you can submit a trouble ticket and see what support has to say.

Hope this info helps,

bd

Userlevel 7
Hi rtlondon

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If I may just add to what BD has posted...was this a renewal? If so and you enter a new keycode then the message you are getting is most likely from the previous keycode as entering a new keycode does not cancel the previously used one...they run concurrently and as such the previously used one is still seen as expiring and will continue to be seen as such still the end of the 30 day grace period that one has after the actual expiry, to all for renewals.

As fa as I know, in these circumstances, the only thing to do is you contact Support and see if they can cancel the previous subscription in the back office.

Hope that helps further?

Regards, Baldrick