Solved

after downloading Mobile App, can't register with email and password

Userlevel 3
Badge +9
I downloaded the app for my NextBook Android, but when I try log in, I am getting an error for the password or login, the email is correct, I changed it from the gmail to my real address the security code goes in with caps, but my email shows it in caps.  my password is correct, but it still will not work no matter how many times I try to put the info in. I double checked that I have the correct email, correct password and the correct keycode, but it still keeps telling me I have the wrong password or login. 
icon

Best answer by slhayes 7 August 2013, 06:21

View original

16 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9
One thing I see that I don't understand is the first 4 characters or two segments of characters of the keycode show up as underlined, when the rest of the keycode isn't. Could that be stopping the registration? Plus I changed the keyboard setting so it doesn't automatically use caps, but when you go to put in the keycode, they automatically capitalize whether I use caps or not.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello slhayes,

Did you set up your My Webroot online account? If not please do so here: https://my.webrootanywhere.com/

If you did you have to use the email and password to the My Webroot Online Account to acivate on the netbook also you will have to go in My Webroot and make sure the permissions are set for Mobile, Passwords and if you have Complete the Back Up & Sync just click on your email address in the top right in the online console and click Account settings then look at the bottom and look to see if everything says Access if not change them to Access and save and give it 20min to 30min before you try to put the correct email and password the same to your My Webroot.

Also make sure you downloaded the correct APP here: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Webroot-SecureAnand saveywhere-for/Which-Android-Version-Do-I-Download/ta-p/37300#.UgGoVG3Nnns

HTH,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Hello slhayes, and welcome back to the Webroot Community!  I see I took far too long typing as TripleHelix has already replied.. but I am going to post this anyway just in case  :)

This can be caused by quite a few different things.  The first thing to check is to make sure you have the right version downloaded for your license of WSA.  Please refer to this KB Article for help.

There are several other common issues, and this KB Article may help as well.

Next, go to the Account Console and log in.  If you have not yet created your Account Console, you need to do this in order to log into the mobile apps correctly.

Once logged in, click your email address at the upper right corner and choose "Manage Users" from the dropdown.

Locate the profile (Email address) you are wanting to use to log in.  Check to make sure that all permissions are set to Access.  If you have WSA Internet Security Plus for your computer, you will need Mobile Security and Password access.  If you have WSA Complete for your computer, you will need Mobile Security, Back & Synch and Passwords all set to access.  If you do not have a license for your computer, and are using only the standalone Android app, you will need just Mobile Security set to access.

If these permissions are not correct, click the little "person icon" at the far right end of the profile you need to edit.  On the next screen, click the Access & Permissions tab at the top.  Adjust your settings here, and while you are here check the key code listed. If you are using the Mobile App as part of the protection you received  with WSA for your computer, the key code must not be expired, and if you have WSA Internet Security Plus or WSA Complete for your computer this key code should match what you are using on the computer application.  If the Key Code expired or does not match the key code for your computer, you may need to Submit A Trouble Ticket for assistance.  Changes to settings in the Account Console can take 20-30 minutes to take effect, so grab a chair, a nice cold glass of water and relax a few minutes.  

Hopefully SOMETHING in this overly long reply will help!  

Please let us know how you do, and you can also submit that Trouble Ticket for further help if needed as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Yea ether way it's the same.

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
So far it is not working, but I wanted to add I only see two icons on the screen for WebRoot, I thought there were supposed to be three..  I am inserting an image that shows I have the correct app, it shows it is on two tablets, the one I am trying to get to work now is the NextBook, not the Samsung.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
What version of Webroot SecureAnywhere do you have and sorry we can't see the picture as the Mods have to OK them.

Daniel
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
Sorry I did not see this earlier, I can't remember where I saw the version number now, but the image shows that it is compatible with both my Samsung and Next Book, If I find the version number I will post it back.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
I'm sorry I meant Version as in:

Webroot SecureAnywhere Anti-Virus

Webroot SecureAnywhere Internet Security Plus

Webroot SecureAnywhere Complete

http://www.webroot.com/us/en/home/products/pc

It sounds like the Complete Version.

Thanks,

Daniel
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
Well, it looks like I got it, for some reason my tablet wasn't connected to my wireless router, and I can't figure out how that happened, but I shut it off and restarted it and then I could see the radio signal, but I had gone into settings over and over, it showed a strong signal for my router, but if I tried to go to the internet it wouldn't pick it up, but the last time it all came together, I got my first scan and a few other things done so I guess I am okay now, thanks loads.
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
Yes, I have the complete, thanks to you Daniel.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
You are very Welcome and thanks for your reply as if this issue comes up again we can ask make sure they are connected to the Internet!

Thanks Again,

Daniel 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9
One other thing was that when I checked the WIFI connections, I could see my router with the option to connect, which I would hit, but it apparently wasn't taking. I could see a list of all the others surrounding where I am also, but when I tried to start the browser or even try to start Pandora it wouldn't work so I knew I wasn't connected, so that was when I shut it off and restarted it, I do not think it was like that ll night though. Just trying to clear up a mystery, and hope it helps others. Thanks so much,
Userlevel 3
Badge +9
I want to click accept as solution but I don't know which one of you to click, just want to say thanks to both you Daniel (TripleHelix) and David.  This is a great forum and a sure fire way to find a solution when I get myself in trouble.
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
It already has and we were happy to help! 😉 And the KB article has been updated because we all learn!

Thanks,

Daniel
Badge +1

Try getting another Webroot account.