Solved

Android shuts off Webroot

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi, I've been consistently trying to work with support concerning my LG2 android cell phone. I previously posted that WSA would stop unexpectantly while going to my email and clicking on link to Webroot Community. I would have to restart from. program menu of WSAC.
Support troubleshooting advised to clear cache and reboot with clean install of WSAC. Then that didn't resolve issue. I then was asked to set phone to default settings by going to Factory data reset..of course backing up contacts of course..that hasn't worked either...Ticket support then has asked me to go #1-go to google play store, download an app. Called CatLog-logcat reader. #2-open it and record..#3-recreate issue reported. I followed 11 steps and have sent log files a few times to Support. 

Can anyone advise me any further. My trouble support ticket is calling me in the morning to assist.

But now I can't get WSAC to update virus protection. Have yellow exclamation mark with faded grey icon. So I'll wait for support because I don't want to reinstall again..I've sent log files again to support,.

Just wanted to update the processes for others in community to help others...new phone shoudn't be buggy ya think?

Sherry
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 28 March 2014, 03:20

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 5
Android has giltches now and then...
Userlevel 7
That is really odd behavior, but you know that 🙂  I have not had any of that on my Android device... it is going along quite happily for the most part.  I have noticed that once in a while it appears to restart itself.. I get the brief "You are Protected" splash in my notications, but I have never had to manually restart it and the definitions are updating OK.

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
No problems either on my Samsung Tab II Tablet. What version of Android do you have? I have 4.2.2

Daniel
Userlevel 7
My tablet is on 4.1.1   How about you SSherjj?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
My Android is 4.2.2
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
The version of your Android OS software?

Daniel

You got it after I posted! 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Maybe try a clean reinstall? https://mobile.webroot.com/brands/webroot/en/help/index.htm

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
HI TripleHelix, Software VS98012B, Kernel version..3.4.0-perf-g755219d, Build number, JDQ39B, Okay is this what you need?

I've done a clean install, I've reset phone to default and sent logs..now support is calling me in the morning..
Thanks, 
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Ok keep in contact with support and this is what we were after! My Android is 4.2.2

Thanks,

Daniel
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
😃 Thanks Daniel, I appreciate the help with all in the community too.. will post back on results alrighty.

Sherry
Userlevel 5
Your good at your work danial!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Should be my last post about Android. .Support called and said it could be a connectivity issue from webroot servers...and difficult for them to troubleshoot a cell phone. Just make a note to see if i have services when this WSA stops. Anyway it seems to be their servers because i always have good connection on my side.

Thanks everyone for your help and responses. .

Regards. .Sherry
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Your good at your work danial!
Who me Ryan? 😃 danial?

Daniel 😛