Solved

android - system optimizer

• 22 March 2019
  • 6 replies

Badge +1
I just installed the Webroot Secure Anywhere but can't tell if there is a "system optimizer". Is there one?
I know there is one for the PC, but it doesn't appear to be too powerful.
Please advise.
icon

Best answer by Ssherjj 22 March 2019, 17:08

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @areex81

Welcome to the Webroot Community,
No there is not a System Optimizer in WebrootSecure Anywhere for the Mobile/Android device....sorry to say. :(

Please have a look at the Mobile User Guide.

Hope this helps somewhat. There is a Settings in Device Management on my Samsung that will optimize or do maintenance for better performance. Not everyone has that. You might want to check that in your settings?
Badge +1
Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I was hoping for a yes, and for you to tell me where it's at..... I am sure with your pull, you'll get Webroot to add it.

Thanks again for your help
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
You are most welcome @areex81

This would be a great idea for you to post in the Idea Exchange Forum.

All you need to do is request that the Webroot Developers if it is possible to add a System Optimizer to the Mobile/Android version of Webroot. I think you will have as much "pull" as I or anyone else. 😉LOL

It couldn't hurt to toss your idea out there and see how many "Votes" it will get. Just maybe Webroot at least has that option to see if it can be done. 😊

BTW: Here is the PC User Guide for System Optimizer just encase you need it.
Userlevel 6
Badge +21
The most Android third party apps can do in the past to "optimize" the Android OS was to automatically clean each app's junk/temporary cache. I don't think 3rd party apps ever had Google's permission to clean Android's OS / system cache.

Starting with Android v9 I believe Google took away third party app permission to clean an app's cache, with the exception of its own "Files by Google" app. Even though the app has a button to clean junk/cache files in one shot, i choose to select/confirm which app cache I want deleted. Always verify what it is deleting since it may affect your own documents, photos, videos, and .apk backups you made of your apps.

Another way, safer but more time consuming, is to go into each app in Settings to delete its cache. The way I like to do this is:
go into Android Settings... Storage. Then go through the "Movie & TV apps" and "Other apps" sections to find apps taking up the most space. I like this method because it lists app size from high to low (app size + user data + cache). I then go to each app and select "Clear cache".
Do not select clear storage because it will also clear your user data/settings in that app; so stick with Clear cache.

--Patrick--
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Aawesome information/response Patrick! Thank you for jumping in. Much appreciated! 😊
Userlevel 7
Personally, I would research suitable 3rd party apps...there are some good free ones available in the Play Store, amid all of the dross claiming to be a jack of all trades and boosting everything in site. By research I mean user comments.

I have a couple installed that do an admirable job here.

Also, check if you phone provider uses Android in the raw or skins it with their own UI, as in some case, like with Huawei's EMUI skin, you may find that they provide the tools to do this job safely. In Huawei's case it is called the Phone Manager. Worth checking.

Just some thoughts for what they are worth...🤔

Regards, Baldrick