Solved

android.trojan.gen

• 20 January 2015
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
I have my first virus in my nexus: android.trojan.gen
in com.android.basicssmsreceiver
Impossible to delete.
So I thought, ofcourse, now I need the premium version. Downloaded and paid.
But no, still impossible te remove.
How do I do this?
icon

Best answer by jhanjelke 21 January 2015, 01:39

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

It's best to Submit a Support Ticket so they can get you sorted on this and you need an Android Malware Expert. Please let us know the outcome as I haven't seen any infection on my phone.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 1
Thank you, I did
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Great let us know the outcome!

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
I have as well.  Let me know the recommended way to remove it.
Userlevel 1
This was the answer of Webroot Mobile Threat Research Team:

"It does appear the detection in question was a false positive. We have re-evaluated the definition detecting the application you report and corrected the false positive on our end. Within the next 24-48 hours we will release a new definition set with those corrections and you should no longer see that detection. In the meantime, you may choose the option to "Ignore this threat" and this will prevent Webroot from displaying the alert again for that particular app. We appreciate your report!"

And indeed this morning the trojan dissappeared. New scan did not find anything.

Greetings Jan Jelke
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Thank you for letting us know and glad it was only an FP.

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
This was the answer of Webroot Mobile Threat Research Team:

"It does appear the detection in question was a false positive. We have re-evaluated the definition detecting the application you report and corrected the false positive on our end. Within the next 24-48 hours we will release a new definition set with those corrections and you should no longer see that detection. In the meantime, you may choose the option to "Ignore this threat" and this will prevent Webroot from displaying the alert again for that particular app. We appreciate your report!"

And indeed this morning the trojan dissappeared. New scan did not find anything.

Greetings Jan Jelke
Good to hear it was nothing serious. I hate you had the false positive, but at least it is resolved and you can see how great the Webroot support team is!