Can anyone share their experience with theft prevention and user account on their android device?
I was playing with the Anti theft features with the tablet(Galaxy Tab S running Android 4.4.2 w/ user accounts) which worked well on one user account.
UNTIL I decided to change to another user account (i think the way Samsung has it working is that it seperates all users and the assosiated apps)
So with my second user account on, i activate some of the anti-theft and it starts screaming but there isnt any "unblock" screen.
So my tablet decides to log out to the lock screen and thats where my issues start. When i press the power button the display comes on but instantly turns off. So i need to try to somehow rush to change user again, after 5 minutes i manage to rush and change user, BUT
- my tablet seems like it has crashed and is frozen software/OS wise.
- A few moments later Webroot crashes and it asks me to close webroot with the options of wait, report, ok
- OS is still frozen so i cant even press on the on-screen buttons properly (but it allows me to but there is a huge delay)
- i try to hold the power button to get my turn off option up - a few tries of waking the display and turning the display off, i get it to turn off
- On restart everything is working ok!
- I believe i was stuck for a good 15minutes trying to get the device working again)
So can anyone share their experience with theft prevention with Samsung user accounts or Android 5.x?