Anti Virus for Andriod based Samsung Note 3 - Definitions Out Of Date and will not Refresh

• 26 April 2014
  • 5 replies

Hi Folks - need some help here - Started today on my Samsung Note 3 - telling me that my AntiVirus Definitions area out of date. I have it set to check everyday...it has not updated since April 18th.....when I try to force an update it does not update.  What's the scoop ?

-Orion

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Orion

Which version are you using? And have you just installed it? I would suggest that you uninstall the App and go to the Store, download and then reinstall.

Also please make sure that you install the correct one by making reference to this KB Article.

Let us know how you get on either way.

Regards

Baldrick
Hi - I have had it installed for a while - it is not a new installation. it is the anywhere protect paid version. the last issue I reported on this software was the false positive everyone was seeing about a week and a half ago.....the version is correct and originally downloaded from playstore a long time ago - do not believe it is an installation issue.
Having same problem on four devices. Paid version and downloaded a long time ago. I think problem at your end. It won't et me send you a log. 
OK....after trying a few other things I opted to de-install the program....Before I did that I:

1)  Remembered to go to Device Administrators under Settings to deactivate first. 
2)  Write down your Activation Code... just in case it asks upon re-installation.
3)  Delete Program and then go to re-install program

The Above Worked for me and the Definitions refreshed with new install.....BUT THIS  WAS definitely on WEBROOT's End and this is a pain in the ass to do.....PLEASE FIX.

-Orion
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
OK....after trying a few other things I opted to de-install the program....Before I did that I:

1)  Remembered to go to Device Administrators under Settings to deactivate first. 
2)  Write down your Activation Code... just in case it asks upon re-installation.
3)  Delete Program and then go to re-install program

The Above Worked for me and the Definitions refreshed with new install.....BUT THIS  WAS definitely on WEBROOT's End and this is a pain in the ass to do.....PLEASE FIX.

-Orion
The problem is believed to be fixed, so if you are unable to update the definitions correctly I would suggest that you submit a Trouble Ticket at this time.  The assistance of Webroot Support may be needed to re-address the issue.