Solved

battery drain issue

• 13 May 2013
  • 8 replies

Badge +3
I understand this is a small process but I am concerned. My Webroot is constantly in scanning as advised on the top swipedown android notification screen as "ongoing" app. I tried to kill the provessel to no avail.

I even did a clean reinstall yesterday.

Time on battery since this morning is 4hrs and 35mins. Battery usage for webroot is 73%. could the scan be stuck in the background?(as per my prev post) and it keep draining my battery? My phone battery usually last for entire day at 30% end of day now it's down to %30 half day in...

something is not right here... I have webroot for PC and it's great. But the mobile version seems to be a bit buggy... I'm sad as this is a $20 app.
icon

Best answer by teriases 16 May 2013, 01:57

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
I apologize for the wait, teriases.

I would like to use the support system because we are going to need mobile logs to investigate. Thanks for the detailed information, please copy and paste your message Into a Support Ticket and we can take it from there.
Userlevel 7
This article could also contain some good information for you.  Sometimes it's a corrupted file or a corrupted SD Card that Webroot is stuck on.  There are instructions in the article on how to check to see if that's the issue.  Please let us know if the article is helpful for you.
Userlevel 7
Hi teriases, I would add, beside Mike's and Jim's suggestions, to have a look in this KB article as well as this. The both can give you another great portion of information.

If I could bet what causes your battery drain, it would be a corrupted file or a SD card. In the first mentioned KB article you will find instructions how to check for corruptions.

Please be so kind and revert with result.
Badge +3
Thanks guys I reset my phone and now webroot is running smoothly! Great support and follow up from the team. This here is what tech support is all about!
Userlevel 7
Glad that it is working better now!  Drop back in anytime if you have questions, or just to hang out with us to have fun and learn a little along the way!
Userlevel 7
You're welcome teriases. Glad you got it resolved!

BTW, can I ask what did you mean "... reset my phone ..." exactly? I would like to have a clear picture what exactly solved your issue.

Thanks.
Badge +3
Since i dont have a SD card i need to reset my phone to factory settings to format my internal storage. Sorry this is what i meant.
Userlevel 7
teriases.

Thank you for the clarification and a belated welcome to the Community! It looks like a few of us were watching this issue to learn from.

Let us know anytime we can help, and I hope you stick around and join the fun!