Battery usage

At Any given time, webroot (I have the full mobile/internet protection package) is using over 50 percent of my battery. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S4. Any ideas how to decrease the amount webroot uses or is this just something I have to live with. I've changed all native phone/android settings to minimize battery usage already.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
At Any given time, webroot (I have the full mobile/internet protection package) is using over 50 percent of my battery. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S4. Any ideas how to decrease the amount webroot uses or is this just something I have to live with. I've changed all native phone/android settings to minimize battery usage already.
Hello stevewiggin!

There should not be a significant drain on your resources from the SecureAnywhere app but there are a few things we can check for.

Please make sure you are on the latest definitions by tapping Security>Antivirus>Schedule>Force Definitions Update Now.

One great thing about the SecureAnywhere Complete protection on your mobile device is the included Battery Monitor. Please tap Identity & Privacy>App Inspector>Battery Monitor>Current Usage.

A screenshot of the Power Usage by App screen would help me investigate further.

You can contact Webroot by submitting a Support ticket Here as well to look at you log files and see what going on!

Thank you!

Thank you for responding Sherry. Battery monitor doesn't take me any further than that option... does not show individual usage by apps. I took a screen shot but can't figure out how to append to the text in the forum here. So...any suggestions?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Thank you for responding Sherry. Battery monitor doesn't take me any further than that option... does not show individual usage by apps. I took a screen shot but can't figure out how to append to the text in the forum here. So...any suggestions?
Hi stevewiggin! You can put your screenshot to the tv icon here and our Community Manager will approve your screenshot. Also can you open WSA to the Menu Screen ..click Identidy & Privacy/App Inspector/Battery Monitor.. to see which apps have been using the most battery! Edit you can also go to the Help button in WSA menu and opeb Broswer of your choice and look for info using the App Inspector. This is available in Premier/Complete versions only.

Hi Sherry. First, I don't see that toolbar. Second, battery monitor is not displaying app usage. I will try the third option, go back into WSA and open a browser and search for App Inspector. I have the complete/premier version so that the battery monitor tool isn't working as it should is a concern.

Thank you again for your help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62

@ wrote:
Hi Sherry. First, I don't see that toolbar. Second, battery monitor is not displaying app usage. I will try the third option, go back into WSA and open a browser and search for App Inspector. I have the complete/premier version so that the battery monitor tool isn't working as it should is a concern.

Hi Stevewiggin! Ok Im not seeing much in my Android concerning the Battery Usage. Can you clear your cache and see if that helps or not..just a thought.. You are right I'm only getting this screen. So you can always issue a Support Ticket Steve. Sorry I wasn't much help! Or you can try looking in your Samsung setting but I quess you already have?

Yep that's all I see too. Yes, I've checked all other battery-related usage settings I know of. My original question is still why does webroot show greater than 50 percent battery usage whenever I check with the phones native settings or android assistant settings?

Thank you for your help Sherry.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Stevewiggin States:
Yep that's all I see too. Yes, I've checked all other battery-related usage settings I know of. My original question is still why does webroot show greater than 50 percent battery usage whenever I check with the phones native settings or android assistant settings?
stevewiggin wrote:

Hi Stevewiggin,
My Android shows in Settings/Applications/Scroll to Webroot and it show I'm using 29.04MB.Have you gone to the Android Samsing site?
So I'm not sure why you are using 50%! That doesn't sound right and did you say you recently updated the WSA definitions? But maybe a clean reinstall would help?

Just thinking again since I don't have a Samsing.
I Did check for updates today, yes. I'm up-to-date. Maybe an uninstall/reinstall is in order.

Thanks again Sherry; you are very kind.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I Did check for updates today, yes. I'm up-to-date. Maybe an uninstall/reinstall is in order.

Thanks again Sherry; you are very kind.
Hi stevewiggin!

Let me know if you need help uninstalling and reinstalling WSA. It doesn't hurt except it's alittle time consuming! But please let us know how it goes and if this worked for your battery usage issues!

And no problem thats why we are here on the Forum is to help others and we all enjoy the rewards of doing just that!

See you soon hopefully with a solution!

Thanks!:D
I already did the reinstall. One problem is that my product key changed instead of using the one I had. I tried activating it but it wouldn't accept it as valid. I was due to renew in I think 72 days but it's now at 365 days. Another bit of fallout from the reinstall is that I no longer get the option for secure browsing - I'm working on that.

Thanks again Sherry.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
I already did the reinstall. One problem is that my product key changed instead of using the one I had. I tried activating it but it wouldn't accept it as valid. I was due to renew in I think 72 days but it's now at 365 days. Another bit of fallout from the reinstall is that I no longer get the option for secure browsing - I'm working on that.

Thanks again Sherry.
Hi stevewiggin!
I don't understand how your product key changed? Did you want to contact Tech support? To get all tis sorted they are usually very quick. Are you using the WebrootSecure Browser?
 Edit I'm sorry you must updated your subscription.. is that what you mean by now having 365 days left? Did the battery usage go back down to MBs?
I don't mean to pawn you off on technical support but I'm not sure if the reinstall worked correctly or not but Its important that the cache gets cleared first then uninistall, reboot and reinstall,Just encase here is a KB article to uninstall via install

I'm sure that you have tried everything and I appreciate that.

What do you think stevewiggin? I can get @ to help esculate this if you've already issued a support ticket but support usually asks you to send cat logs which you can download from the Google Play Store here and then you can email support from your device with these logs. Which you can send to mobilesupport@webroot.com.

Please let me know how you are doing with this if you decide to contact support. Ok?

Salute'