[BETA] Webroot Mobile 5.5.5

Show first post
This topic has been closed for comments

109 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Awesome Daniel! Working beautifully! Scanning good but I'm not seeing what files that are being scanned. But I am just happy Webroot is scanning again. 🤗

THANK YOU Daniel!!😊
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Just installed the new Beta v5.5.5.38499 and Scanning seams to be back to normal and I tried 3 to 4 times and once again will keep an eye on Battery usage! Hopefully all is well or just some fine tuning will be needed! 😉

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

[...] this is the weekend and maybe we will hear more this week about Webroot's Mobile Security AV.When a business is dealing with catastrophic failure of its primary product then every employee who can contribute to the fix should be working at it with extended hours and 7 days a week.

You'd think it would be that way. But it's seems not...
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
The thing is we don't know as they don't tell us anything......Webroot must have the Mute button on and is very frustrating and shameful. ☠️
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
[...] this is the weekend and maybe we will hear more this week about Webroot's Mobile Security AV.
When a business is dealing with catastrophic failure of its primary product then every employee who can contribute to the fix should be working at it with extended hours and 7 days a week.
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
@Ssherjj

Given the mission critical nature of the app you would think devs would be working through the weekend and SOMEONE from the company would be responding to the community. Valid point about the takeover. I hope you're not correct but the closing of the deal did leave the CFO in charge of Webroot, not a technologist.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62

You are welcome @glustig ,

I am just wondering if Webroot merging with Carbonite has anything to do with the rumble of this Webroot Mobile Security. Not sure as I have never seen issues like this with Webroot ever before either.

I have used Webroot since 2013 and the mobile security app ran flawlessly. I am a die hard and I will hang on to Webroot until the last second to see if they fix these issues.
But being a paying customer makes it harder for those to understand all this drama. I just wish we had more communication from the Developers or even our own staff. But this is the weekend and maybe we will hear more this week about Webroot's Mobile Security AV.
I agree fully and I'm getting fed up with the lack of Commuication from Webroot Product Staff and Development, it was never like that when Mike Malloy and Joe Jaroch were still around and in charge.

The lack of Communication is a breaking point for most. None of this would of happened years ago . We are pushed to our limits until someone tells us what is going on. Sheer frustration!!😫
Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I am just wondering if Webroot merging with Carbonite has anything to do with the rumble of this Webroot Mobile Security. Not sure as I have never seen issues like this with Webroot ever before either.

I have used Webroot since 2013 and the mobile security app ran flawlessly. I am a die hard and I will hang on to Webroot until the last second to see if they fix these issues.
But being a paying customer makes it harder for those to understand all this drama. I just wish we had more communication from the Developers or even our own staff. But this is the weekend and maybe we will hear more this week about Webroot's Mobile Security AV.

I agree fully and I'm getting fed up with the lack of Commuication from Webroot Product Staff and Development, it was never like that when Mike Malloy and Joe Jaroch were still around and in charge.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62

Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Hi @Ssherjj .

Thanks. The uninstall/reinstall did fix the persistent notification error. Of course like others, scans are still taking only 2-3 seconds. Makes me wonder if the app is doing the job of protecting the device properly. So sad to see all these issues. I've been using WebRoot for years now and never experienced anything like this. The few times support was needed they were responsive and helpful. That's why I never hesitated to buy a multi-year license. Makes me question if I can continue.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Sorry about that. You can leave the Beta as suggested by Drew and uninstall the Beta and reinstall the updated Webroot Mobile release. And if all this fails then please Submit a Support Ticket reporting this issue.

Sorry I can't help more. Let us know if you have a chance to let us know the results if you go that route.

Thank you
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
Thanks. I haven't tried it yet but the persistent notification didn't start happening until after I was on the Beta version for a couple of days.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello @glustig,

I'm running the Beta as well and I'm not getting that issue. Have you tried uninstalling Webroot and reinstalling the Beta?
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
I'm currently running the 5.5.5 Beta. I'm also experiencing the 2-3 scan. Additionally I've got a persistent notification "You May Be at rick - Current scan out of date" Re-scanning doesn't remove the notification. Any idea what's going on?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
I can concur that the Battery issues are fixed on my Mobile as well. But as Daniel posts we still see that the scanning is done in 2 seconds or less.
Not anywhere near 2 minutes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
So far the Battery issue looks good but still wondering about scanning as it only takes 1 to 3 seconds even on a clean reinstall so I don't see anything like it says in the second picture???

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Agreed. Updated to beta v5.5.5.38287.
User experience is similar to recent betas, but different enough from prior production releases to raise questions :

- Under 3 second scan time (I have over 300 apps on my phone). Don't know if this supposed to be case from initial scan. I do see network/internet activity from SecureAnywhere on each scan.

Is the app infrastructure keeping a database of prior scanned apps & hashes per user device, and subsequent scans just checks new/changed app hashes to send to Webroot for central analysis? If so, then is this db stored locally? I don't see one on the phone.

- Underneath the scanning status/progress bar there's no added visual indicator of file name scanned (prior production releases had it).

- Scanlog.txt not been updated since end of March.

- Setting control for persistent notification was taken out. Is this intentional?

Will be keeping an eye on battery usage over the weekend.

Exactly we need to know what to expect, but no they keep pushing these new builds but no details......
Userlevel 6
Badge +21
Agreed. Updated to beta v5.5.5.38287.
User experience is similar to recent betas, but different enough from prior production releases to raise questions :

- Under 3 second scan time (I have over 300 apps on my phone). Don't know if this supposed to be case from initial scan. I do see network/internet activity from SecureAnywhere on each scan.

Is the app infrastructure keeping a database of prior scanned apps & hashes per user device, and subsequent scans just checks new/changed app hashes to send to Webroot for central analysis? If so, then is this db stored locally? I don't see one on the phone.

- Underneath the scanning status/progress bar there's no added visual indicator of file name scanned (prior production releases had it).

- Scanlog.txt not been updated since end of March.

- Setting control for persistent notification was taken out. Is this intentional?

Will be keeping an eye on battery usage over the weekend.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Received this update, the scan speed is ultra fast.

Can Webroot confirm scan is working, and also scan log is no longer used in v5.5.5?

Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Well I got the new version installed but the scanning remains the same in about 1 to 3 seconds which is not normal and time will only tell on performance?

Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Hey everyone, I wanted to provide another update. Like I mentioned, we will keep that thread up to date with any and all progress. Below, I've added the update for your convenience. Thanks!

----

Update: 4/12/19 - We have issued a new build to address recent issues affecting Webroot Mobile Security users on Android.

Version 5.5.5 improves app performance and responsiveness, and will address the issues some users are having with higher than normal battery utilization. This new build is being rolled out in phases to users so it may take a few days for all users to get the update.

Customers who want to get the new version right away can use this link to upgrade. Webroot apologizes for any inconvenience users experienced.

To see if you have already been upgraded to version 5.5.5, check the version information of the installed Webroot Mobile Security app. To do that, open the app, on the Home screen tap the Android menu button, tap About.

(Japan Only) Customers who were not part of the initial rollout who want to get the fix more rapidly can open a ticket with our customer support team who can advise further. Webroot apologizes for any inconvenience users experienced.

Please be aware that the Google Play store will present this app as an “unreleased version" and will prompt you to “Become A Tester”. Click the link to proceed, however please disregard the instructions and information about the testing program. Webroot will release an update to this 5.5.5 version automatically, which will remove the Beta Tester designation. There will be no additional action required on your part.

By downloading and using the software in this link, you agree that such software is (1) in the beta stage of development and (2) considered “Evaluation Software” under the WebrootSecureAnywhere Solution Agreement that governs your use of the Mobile Software.

If symptoms persist after upgrading to version 5.5.5, please open a Support ticket.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Looking forward to new update today.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
Correct, we should have an update for everyone here before the day is out.
Userlevel 6
Badge +21
Yeah like TripleHelix, with the v 5.5.5.38021, which was way better battery usage wise that before, I did catch that version with high usage yesterday for the first time as my phone got hot. But I was never able to replicate again.

As long as the devs are aware of this IN v 5.5.5.38021 as opposed to prior versions last week then that's good to know.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
We're aware of this, and are working on a version that has improved performance. We will post more info once we're able.
Great to hear! Any info is helpful and thanks!