[BETA] Webroot Mobile 5.5.5

Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Webroot is actively working to address the issues with the Webroot Mobile Security & Antivirus app and again apologizes for any inconvenience you may be experiencing. So far, our QA testing indicates the 5.5.5 beta version shows improved app performance and reduces device resource usage significantly.

We want to release an update as soon as possible but we have yet to complete a full QA cycle.

This is where you can help.

If you're able, please head over to our beta signup page to request access. After completing the steps, you'll be able to download one of the beta builds as we'd love to hear your feedback while we continue our internal dev and QA work. Again, this isn't mandatory nor the official release but receiving real-world feedback will greatly expedite the official update.

This topic has been closed for comments

109 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@smith2006

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Beta? Or clearing the cache in Settings /Appications /SecureAnywhere/ Manage Storage /Cache? Maybe clear cache first then reinstall the Beta. Restart your device after clearing cache.

I personally haven't had this issue on my device.

Hope this helps?
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
I don't see those issues with the new beta v5.5.5.38021 but not sure if it's scanning as it only takes a couple (3) seconds then says Scan Complete???
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
I don't see those issues with the new beta v5.5.5.38021 but not sure if it's scanning as it only takes a couple (3) seconds then says Scan Complete???

HI Daniel, Same here.. Only seconds to scan. Does not seem right does it?
Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I don't see those issues with the new beta v5.5.5.38021 but not sure if it's scanning as it only takes a couple (3) seconds then says Scan Complete???HI Daniel, Same here.. Only seconds to scan. Does not seem right does it?

Yes it's odd but could be normal and we will not know unless someone from Development tells us what to expect?
Userlevel 7
Badge +62

I don't see those issues with the new beta v5.5.5.38021 but not sure if it's scanning as it only takes a couple (3) seconds then says Scan Complete???HI Daniel, Same here.. Only seconds to scan. Does not seem right does it?
Yes it's odd but could be normal and we will not know unless someone from Development tells us what to expect?

Well we haven't anyone handling the (BETA) Android Forum other then Drew? So I wish we could find out.
Maybe a Support Ticket... 🤔
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
@smith2006

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Beta? Or clearing the cache in Settings /Appications /SecureAnywhere/ Manage Storage /Cache? Maybe clear cache first then reinstall the Beta. Restart your device after clearing cache.

Hope this helps?

Ok, uninstalling & reinstalling solved the issue.

Thank you 👍
Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Well we haven't anyone handling the (BETA) Android Forum other then Drew? So I wish we could find out.
Maybe a Support Ticket... 🤔

Maybe we should ask @freydrew or @LLiddell for an update from the Development Team.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Yes, it is scanning very fast.

The scan log on both my phones is not updated

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

@smith2006

Hope this helps?
Ok, uninstalling & reinstalling solved the issue.

Thank you 👍

Boondabah! You're welcome. I'm happy to hear that! 🤗
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@smith2006

You're right.. April 2nd is the last scan log..

Userlevel 6
Badge +21
Yup. v5.5.5.38021 seems fine battery wise. Scans appear fast, too fast so not sure what its doing. I see network activity from the app but not having that scanlog.txt file updated since Mar 30 worries me. I'm losing confidence in the quality of the beta based on this past week.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Beta updated just now..

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@TripleHelix

Scanning can't be working. I haven't any recent logs.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@TripleHelix

I agree and not a word from anyone! 😡 😡
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
@smith2006

Perhaps scan log is no longer required for v5. 5?? 😱
Userlevel 7
Badge +62

@TripleHelix

Well it is redicoulous that we haven't got anything to go on. Or can we help dozens of others with this Mobile AV. 😕
Userlevel 7
Badge +63

@smith2006

But the scan is only 2 to 3 seconds? We need to hear from Development!

Userlevel 7
Badge +62

@smith2006

you beat me to that Daniel!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

@TripleHelix

Well it is redicoulous that we haven't got anything to go on. Or can we help dozens of others with this Mobile AV. 😕

They need to solve it real fast
Userlevel 7
Badge +22

@smith2006

Had they been listening to beta feedback previously , v5. 5 would not be hastily released as final & affected more.....
Userlevel 7
Badge +62

@smith2006

Had they been listening to beta feedback previously , v5. 5 would not be hastily released as final & affected more.....

Yes you are right about that! I wonder if the transition to Carbonite is effecting the Webroot Developers?🤔
Userlevel 6
Badge +21
It's certainly frustrating. I wish Webroot would roll back to the previous stable production release. That's at least a quick stop gap so more time can be spent on troubleshooting / identifying root cause.

--Patrick--
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
It's certainly frustrating. I wish Webroot would roll back to the previous stable production release. That's at least a quick stop gap so more time can be spent on troubleshooting / identifying root cause.

--Patrick--

Hi Patrick,

You'd think that Webroot could or would be able to roll back to previous version. But that would mean putting back what the Developers have taken away from the last updated Webroot Mobile version. I do not believe they can do that. But it sure would be less complaints or issues if Webroot could have a backup plan encase things go arie. Again so many have been disappointed in Webroot!

Userlevel 7
Badge +63
@freydrew and @LLiddell can we get some info on this new Beta please? v5.5.5.38021

Battery drain looks okay now but the scan is only 2 to 3 seconds? We need to hear from Development to see what is normal and what to expect!
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
The faster scans are a feature that was implemented, although I can ask for more information about it. As for the reduced battery drain I am very happy to hear that, and will also relay this to the Product team.