[BETA] Webroot Mobile 5.5.5

Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Webroot is actively working to address the issues with the Webroot Mobile Security & Antivirus app and again apologizes for any inconvenience you may be experiencing. So far, our QA testing indicates the 5.5.5 beta version shows improved app performance and reduces device resource usage significantly.

We want to release an update as soon as possible but we have yet to complete a full QA cycle.

This is where you can help.

If you're able, please head over to our beta signup page to request access. After completing the steps, you'll be able to download one of the beta builds as we'd love to hear your feedback while we continue our internal dev and QA work. Again, this isn't mandatory nor the official release but receiving real-world feedback will greatly expedite the official update.

This topic has been closed for comments

109 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
You are welcome @glustig ,

I am just wondering if Webroot merging with Carbonite has anything to do with the rumble of this Webroot Mobile Security. Not sure as I have never seen issues like this with Webroot ever before either.

I have used Webroot since 2013 and the mobile security app ran flawlessly. I am a die hard and I will hang on to Webroot until the last second to see if they fix these issues.

But being a paying customer makes it harder for those to understand all this drama. I just wish we had more communication from the Developers or even our own staff. But this is the weekend and maybe we will hear more this week about Webroot's Mobile Security AV.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63

I am just wondering if Webroot merging with Carbonite has anything to do with the rumble of this Webroot Mobile Security. Not sure as I have never seen issues like this with Webroot ever before either.

I have used Webroot since 2013 and the mobile security app ran flawlessly. I am a die hard and I will hang on to Webroot until the last second to see if they fix these issues.
But being a paying customer makes it harder for those to understand all this drama. I just wish we had more communication from the Developers or even our own staff. But this is the weekend and maybe we will hear more this week about Webroot's Mobile Security AV.

I agree fully and I'm getting fed up with the lack of Commuication from Webroot Product Staff and Development, it was never like that when Mike Malloy and Joe Jaroch were still around and in charge.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62

I agree fully and I'm getting fed up with the lack of Commuication from Webroot Product Staff and Development, it was never like that when Mike Malloy and Joe Jaroch were still around and in charge.

The lack of Communication is a breaking point for most. None of this would of happened years ago . We are pushed to our limits until someone tells us what is going on. Sheer frustration!!😫
Userlevel 2
Badge +3
@Ssherjj

Given the mission critical nature of the app you would think devs would be working through the weekend and SOMEONE from the company would be responding to the community. Valid point about the takeover. I hope you're not correct but the closing of the deal did leave the CFO in charge of Webroot, not a technologist.
Userlevel 4
Badge +10
[...] this is the weekend and maybe we will hear more this week about Webroot's Mobile Security AV.
When a business is dealing with catastrophic failure of its primary product then every employee who can contribute to the fix should be working at it with extended hours and 7 days a week.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
The thing is we don't know as they don't tell us anything......Webroot must have the Mute button on and is very frustrating and shameful. ☠️
Userlevel 7
Badge +62

[...] this is the weekend and maybe we will hear more this week about Webroot's Mobile Security AV.When a business is dealing with catastrophic failure of its primary product then every employee who can contribute to the fix should be working at it with extended hours and 7 days a week.

You'd think it would be that way. But it's seems not...
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Just installed the new Beta v5.5.5.38499 and Scanning seams to be back to normal and I tried 3 to 4 times and once again will keep an eye on Battery usage! Hopefully all is well or just some fine tuning will be needed! 😉

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Awesome Daniel! Working beautifully! Scanning good but I'm not seeing what files that are being scanned. But I am just happy Webroot is scanning again. 🤗

THANK YOU Daniel!!😊
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
The Scan log is still at April 2nd..maybe after a few more scans or/and a reboot.. It might change unless Webroot has removed the Webroot Log txt.
Badge +1
Just downloaded the new beta v5.5.5.38499

Battery usage is under control, using 1.2% of resources.

Good news, so far, on the scanning. I was one of the few people who could not get a complete scan (would last 1 second before claiming that the scan was complete).

Just now, there was activity on the progress bar during the scan and the scan lasted 22 seconds. Before all the problems, the average scan was 1.5 - 2 minutes in length. While 22 seconds is still substantially shorter than the previous average scans, at least it is better than one second.

Maybe progress is being made on the newest beta build...
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Awesome Daniel! Working beautifully! Scanning good but I'm not seeing what files that are being scanned. But I am just happy Webroot is scanning again. 🤗

THANK YOU Daniel!!😊

Maybe that's the way it is now? Like I said before we don't know what to expect as we are told nothing! @freydrew find us what we need to know!
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
The Scan log is still at April 2nd..maybe after a few more scans or/and a reboot.. It might change unless Webroot has removed the Webroot Log txt.
That too we don't know what to Expect? @freydrew get us the info we need.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62

The Scan log is still at April 2nd..maybe after a few more scans or/and a reboot.. It might change unless Webroot has removed the Webroot Log txt.That too we don't know what to Expect? @freydrew get us the info we need.

Since we haven't any Mobile Beta Support on this Forum.. Drew is all we got to contact the Developers. Why run the Beta without the questions and answers?

Appreciate some feedback someone please. 😊
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Hey everyone, I posted this on another thread but wanted to post this here too:

With the Introduction of Webroot Mobile Security 5.5.5, we have improved the way we scan files and identify malicious activity on your device. We initially scan all files on your device and cache the results for those files. We then actively monitor your device for updates or changes and will scan any newly added files. We are in the process of rolling out an upgrade to the app to properly display a scan progress bar.
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Hey everyone, I posted this on another thread but wanted to post this here too:

With the Introduction of Webroot Mobile Security 5.5.5, we have improved the way we scan files and identify malicious activity on your device. We initially scan all files on your device and cache the results for those files. We then actively monitor your device for updates or changes and will scan any newly added files. We are in the process of rolling out an upgrade to the app to properly display a scan progress bar.

Drew I just hope there is more details in the Release Notes when it's released to everyone! So far it's working well it just doesn't show the files (paths) that are being scanned and wondered if that is the new normal?

Thanks,
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
My understanding is that it is the new normal, although I will certainly ask for additional input from Product directly. As far as release notes goes, I imagine we'll have something up once the new version is fully rolled out.
Userlevel 6
Badge +21
The cache on initial scan (around 2 minutes) and just scanning changed/added files on subsequent scan (20-30 seconds) matches what I've seen testing this beta version when doing a manual scan.

Question - I see SecureAnywhere having background data activity about every 15 minutes. Is this the File System Shield module checking recent changed/added files?

--Patrick--
Userlevel 7
Badge +48
Got another update for everyone:

Update - 4/17/19 - WSA Mobile 5.5.5 is now available to all users in the Google Play store. You will receive an update notification soon if you haven't already. This release improves app performance, responsiveness, automatic scanning functionality, and battery consumption.

Customers who have already installed our beta version are on the latest version. No action is required on your part. The beta group will be closed when we release the next version of WSA Mobile and you will be notified to upgrade to the latest release.

If symptoms persist after upgrading to version 5.5.5, please open a Support Ticket.
Userlevel 7
Badge +36
The cache on initial scan (around 2 minutes) and just scanning changed/added files on subsequent scan (20-30 seconds) matches what I've seen testing this beta version when doing a manual scan.

Question - I see SecureAnywhere having background data activity about every 15 minutes. Is this the File System Shield module checking recent changed/added files?

--Patrick--

The action described is normal. The scan engine monitors the devices for changes and will automatically scan new files as they are loaded to the device. The scan engine will scan the device in the background if it has not scanned in the last 15 minutes. This allows us to catch things that may have happened in device crash or reboot.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
V 5.5.5.38787 is available

Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Good Morning @smith2006,

Missed your post earlier. But thank you for the update! ☺️
Userlevel 7
Badge +63
Good Morning @smith2006,

Missed your post earlier. But thank you for the update! ☺️

Yes thanks for the update @smith2006 installing now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
@Ssherjj @TripleHelix

Just happened to see it in Google Play, so posted here for awareness 🙂

Have a nice weekend!
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Thank you @smith2006,

That's what makes Teamwork in this Forum. Caring for others and their issues. 😎

Same to you.. Have a terrific weekend!