Solved

blocking websites not on webroot list

How do I block a website not on your list?
icon

Best answer by rHd 29 July 2014, 00:17

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Welcome to the community stevewiggin!

Are you asking how to block a website on your Android phone or on a PC / MAc?

For information on Webroot for Android, please take a look at the online guide.

If you are refering to Pc, please look here and here

Here ius a link to the https://community.webroot.com/t5/forums/editpage/board-id/android/message-id/Webroot SecureAnywhere Help and Product Guides for PC, MAC, as well as mobile devices.

If you want to have a website added to Webroots  blocked sites, please submit a support ticket with the website url and the reason you feel the site should be blocked or Blacklisted.

Hope that helps!

Beth

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello and Welcome to the Webroot Community!

This is the best way and quickest use this web form: http://www.brightcloud.com/tools/change-request-url-reputation.php?

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Thank you for responding. This is for my mobile phone, Galaxy S4, Android 4.3
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Hello and Welcome stevewiggin!!:D Great to have you with us in the WSA Community Forum. Looks like you have alot of information so far to go on..but may I ask if you are using the WebrootSecureBrowser? Go Here and Here also. But the WSB will protect you from bad websites as well..;)

Like the User Guide and I can do more research for you as TripleHelix has suggested above.

Let us know how things turn out so that others can be informed as well!
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hello stevewiggin!

Nice to see you here again!

Did you follow the link that Daniel gave you to request a change for a url reputation ?

I hope you found all the information you need from the links I provided to you last night and that Sherry provided today.

Please do come back and share your experiences!

Let us know if you need assistance with your Android or anything else.

I would also like to mention that Webroot has an excellent Tech Support Team! They will be happy to assist you as well and you can contact them 24/7 by submitting a support ticket.

See you around in the community!

Beth

The think is I don't think it's a malicious website - it just doesn't let you back out of it which I can't stand. So to be more precise in my question, I'm looking for a way to create my own personal list of sites to block on my phone like I used to he able do on my PC.

Thanks all!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
The think is I don't think it's a malicious website - it just doesn't let you back out of it which I can't stand. So to be more precise in my question, I'm looking for a way to create my own personal list of sites to block on my phone like I used to he able do on my PC.

Thanks all!
That's not possible with WSA as all the info comes from BrightCloud's database. Can you PM me the link your having issues with? https://community.webroot.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose

Thanks,

Daniel
Userlevel 1
You can only create your own list of sites that you would still like to visit by tapping "Never block this site" on the red/yellow alert. After this, the site will never be prompted or blocked for you. this way you can create your own list of sites that you would like to go to regardless but you cannot create your own list to block.

I would however, trust Webroot warning as they have best reputation calculations of sites. 
Thank you to everyone! I really appreciate your help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Hello stevewiggin! Your welcome and thats why we all are here as Volunteers to help others. Was your issue solved?

Make sure you come back and visit ya hear?;)
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
You are very welcome stevewiggin!

Thats what the community is all about. sharing our experiences and
helping each other out!

Please do come back often!

Beth