Solved

Cannot activate shields

• 27 November 2012
  • 12 replies

Hi,
I've bought and installed SecureAnywhere Mobile Premier 3.0.0.4127 on my Xperia 10.
I receive warnings about the different shields not being active. Clicking on the button 'fix this now' does not change anything. In the appropriate menu all items are ticked.
Even on the website it gives a warning, which apparently I cannot solve.
Any advise?
Tks in adv,
Bob
icon

Best answer by pegas 27 November 2012, 14:25

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Hello Bob and welcome on the Webroot Community Forum :D

Hmm, had this happened to me I would try to reinstall the application as it sounds that there something might be corrupted. BTW, don't you have installed another security solution which could interfere with WSA shields?
Hi,
Thanks for the quick answer ;)
I had the free version before that came through the PC version offer, which now should be uninstalled. Furthermore, as suggested, I did uninstall the Premier one and reinstalled it, but still the same ;(
As far as I know, there is no other protection software than Webroot installed ....
Userlevel 7
Thanks Bob for the feedback.

Wouldn't you mind to uninstall the Premier and install back the Free version just for the purpose to see whether the shields will be also disabled?

Sorry to bother you with repeated un/installs but it is quite fast in Android environment.
Hi,
Tks again ;)
Uninstalled the Premier. Then downloaded and installed SecureAnywhere Mobile. That would like to see some log-in info. However, providing the known info is not accepted ..... I used to same keycode I got before.... BTW, why it asks for a keycode if it supposed to be 'free'  ?

Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hi,
Tks again ;)
Uninstalled the Premier. Then downloaded and installed SecureAnywhere Mobile. That would like to see some log-in info. However, providing the known info is not accepted ..... I used to same keycode I got before.... BTW, why it asks for a keycode if it supposed to be 'free'  ?

The Free version shouldn't ask for a key. I installed WSA Free on daughter's Samsung and no key was required. Provided that you have uninstalled WSA (regardless on version Free or Premier) there shouldn't be any WSA process running in the Process Manager. Can you rather check it?
Alright. DE-installed again and checked: No apps nor service running that remind me of Webroot ..... ;)
What could we do next to check ?

Userlevel 7
Well, I would try to use an android cleaner to clear temps, old apk files etc. I am using Clean Master but you can find other ones on Google Play. If using a cleaner won't lead to a successful WSA install, somebody from Webroot staff here on the forum will have to take over your issue.
ok, understood. I'll report when I've cleaned it ;)
Maybe not this evening (Europe) anymore, but I'll report back here anyway :)
Thanks for your help so far . Appreciated 😉
Userlevel 7
They (Webroot folks) will maybe ask you to install WSA back and collect logs and send them for their perusal.
Userlevel 7
Which shields does it say are off?

The USB Debugging shield and the Unknown Sources shield need to either have those settings turned off on your Android via the Settings in the Android OS or be told to "Ignore" on the screen that appears when you tap "Fix it Now." The purpose of those shields is to alert you of potentially unsafe settings on your device, and unless you either adjust those settings on the device's own settings screen or tell Webroot to ignore the potentially unsafe state, those messages will continue to appear.

If it's different shields however, please let us know which ones you're referring to.
Hello,
Thanks for your help :)
To your question: It concerned all the available shields.
Meanwhile, as advised, I had installed the free version again, which appeared to work correctly.
Then I installed the Premier again, while the free version was still there. I got the obvious question that both cannot live together. So I had the free version selected for deletion. There after the Premier version works correctly.
Hence, the problems are solved, thanks to your help.
Case closed.

Have a nice day ;)

Rgds,
Bob
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Hello,
Thanks for your help :)
To your question: It concerned all the available shields.
Meanwhile, as advised, I had installed the free version again, which appeared to work correctly.
Then I installed the Premier again, while the free version was still there. I got the obvious question that both cannot live together. So I had the free version selected for deletion. There after the Premier version works correctly.
Hence, the problems are solved, thanks to your help.
Case closed.

Have a nice day ;)

Rgds,
Bob
That's great Bob! I am glad your issue has been resolved and I could contribute to it.