Cannot unlock my Phoned as keyboard continuosly jumping around

• 17 August 2015
  • 2 replies

Badge +5
After using the "scream " function, the phone requested an unlock code.I could not enter the code as the keyboard is coninuously jumping around.  I rebooted to stop the scream but still I cannot enter this as the keyboardstares jumping around as soon as I touch the 'enter' space.  I have swiftkey set as default keyboard.

Any help urgnetly appreciated.

Graham

2 replies

Badge +5
Thank you for your note and apologies for the late reply.

Eventually I had to "bite the bullet"and do a full hard reset without the luxury of a recent backup.

I was in communication with the Webroot helpdesk but they too were unable to help. I was suspicious of the swifttkey app, but could never isolate that as the problem - so after my full re-install, and a week of using the Google keybard. I am back to using it.

Lesson: Backup regularly.

Ciao
 Grump1e
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello ?,

Welcome to the Webroot Community,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this problem.

This is a tuff call. If it was me I'd back up my data if possible and do a soft reset of your device.

If your phone is still under warranty you could call your cell service provider or take it into the store to see if it's is defective.

You can also contact support and they will gladly check into this for you to see what the issue is and this is a free service with a Webroot subscription.
Support Number: 1-866-612-4227
Support Ticket: https://detail.webrootanywhere.com/servicewelcome.asp

Please let us know how things are going.

Kind Regards,