Solved

cant remove application threat

The webroot detect that my phone has a threat and it is "com.wssnps" but whenever im trying to remove and uninstall it, its always unsyccessful. im worried about my phone. im using samsung galaxy II
icon

Best answer by Dermot7 15 April 2014, 23:43

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Hello marjorie, and Welcome,

Could you please review these two threads, and post back if you would like to ask anything.

wssyncmlnps com.wssnps risk message samsung note 3 - Webroot Community

Re: Won't uninstall threat - Webroot Community

Thank you for contacting Webroot Support. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.
It does appear the detection in question was a false positive. We have re-evaluated the definition detecting the application you report and corrected the false positive on our end. Within the next 24-48 hours we will release a new definition set with those corrections and you should no longer see that detection. In the meantime, you may choose the option to "Ignore this threat" and this will prevent Webroot from displaying the alert again for that particular app. We appreciate your report and thorough troubleshooting!

Regards,
The Webroot Mobile Threat Research Team

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
That's a false positive - we're in the process of getting it corrected on our end.  In the meantime please just ignore that message and know that your phone is perfectly safe.  Sorry for the confusion!
Thank you so much! 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +3
Thanks for letting us know, and sorry for any inconvenience in worrying you about your phone.

Take care.

Webroot picked up and identified the Trojan "Android.SMSsend" in wssyncmlnps com.wssnps....I tried to unistall and it can not be unistalled.  I've read all the solutions and post but am not confident with the "ignore threat" solution.  Now when I switch screens on my samsung phone galaxy mini a red boarder flashes around the screen.  When I look at the details of the "trojan app" it seems very scary listing all the permissions the app info has.  I also found the Preconfig in the application manager and force stopped it.  Is Perso, RilNotifier, service mode, and service mode Ril  part of this problem as well.  I force stopped, cleared the data and the cache on each of these as well.  However each time I go back to check on them there is more collected data. Can you help me?  
what bugs me is that I received this notice from webroot that that sms trojan was a threat, which caused me to upgrade to 'premium' at cost of $5.00 and change, to only then have to come on this forum and find out that the message sent was a false message and that I could ignore the threat after all. My beef with Webroot is why didn't they send me the message once they knew about it being a false message.
because webroot didn't send me a message that the threat was bogus I upgraded to premium at cost of $5.00 and change for a year's subscription, which I don't need, and darn software wouldn't remove threat when attempted, I would have appreciated webroot support being on top of this and sending out messages to ignore threat in first instance, and avoid my having to even register with this forum, which I haven't ever had to visit for two years of owning this samsung galaxy.
thanks for all the other good work also.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello rogkath, Welcome! Very sorry for the issue on Samsung Galaxy, If you wish you can contact customer support for a refund. This is being worked on so just ignore for its a FP.

Very Sorry,

Sherry
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi ChaletB, sorry for all your issues but it's a FP and just ignore until Webroot issues the updates for the Samsung.
Thank you. After the update will the red boarder flashes cease?
Userlevel 7
Hi ChaletB,

@ wrote:
Thank you. After the update will the red boarder flashes cease?
Definitely there should be no red flashes :D

Regards,

Mike