Solved

closing account

How can I completely close my account and so that I can stop getting upgrade notices on my phone that don’t work?  I literally get a notice every 5 or 6 minutes and following the upgrade instructions goes to a broken link. If WebRoot cannot get a simple upgrade to work then how can I trust them to provide security for my devices? I’m not the only one with problems because numerous people have left one star reviews of the phone app over the last few weeks and Webroot has obviously not addressed the issue.

icon

Best answer by ProTruckDriver 9 June 2022, 05:02

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7

Hello @rustyi 

Webroot Support:

Submit a ticket

Call 1-866-612-4227 during the week Mon - Fri 7 AM to 5:30 PM (MDT)

Or Contact Webroot Sales:

Purchases, renewals, and upgrades

Mon - Fri 7 AM to 7 PM (MDT)

wr-customersales@opentext.com

Tel: 1-866-350-6089

Note: When submitting a Support Ticket, Please wait for a response from Support. Putting in another Support Ticket on this problem before Support responses will put your first Support Ticket at the end of the queue.

HTH,

Dave

Hi rustyi.

You can contact Webroot support (see ProTruckDriver’s comment above) for help. They will help you.

I don’t think you need to close your account. The solution, in my opinion, is to go ahead and upgrade the software to the new mobile version just released by Webroot. Because you already have an account, all you have to do after the upgrade is sign in. There’s no need to enter your keycode, because the account will point to it automatically. You will then stop seeing the messages.

You will likely feel confused at using the new app. Don’t let the new user interface intimidate you. I only wish Webroot could have provided a better explanation on how the new mobile app works and provide an icon in the status bar at the top, so that users know the app is in fact running. It’s not clear to many whether the app is running in the background or not, but it is. Be assured it is, and it scans every day. Just make sure your app is always signed in.

The reason for the new mobile app is because Google made changes to the Android OS that forced Webroot to release a brand new app and to discontinue the old app.

You can also delete the old app entirely, then download the new Webroot mobile security app, install it, and then sign into your account. That’s all you have to do.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi rustyi.

You can contact Webroot support (see ProTruckDriver’s comment above) for help. They will help you.

I don’t think you need to close your account. The solution, in my opinion, is to go ahead and upgrade the software to the new mobile version just released by Webroot. Because you already have an account, all you have to do after the upgrade is sign in. There’s no need to enter your keycode, because the account will point to it automatically. You will then stop seeing the messages.

You will likely feel confused at using the new app. Don’t let the new user interface intimidate you. I only wish Webroot could have provided a better explanation on how the new mobile app works and provide an icon in the status bar at the top, so that users know the app is in fact running. It’s not clear to many whether the app is running in the background or not, but it is. Be assured it is, and it scans every day. Just make sure your app is always signed in.

The reason for the new mobile app is because Google made changes to the Android OS that forced Webroot to release a brand new app and to discontinue the old app.

You can also delete the old app entirely, then download the new Webroot mobile security app, install it, and then sign into your account. That’s all you have to do.

Hope this helps.

@rupertsland Have you looked at all of the 1 star reviews on the Google Play Store re the “new” mobile version of Webroot?  This is an epic fail and many people will be closing their accounts, let alone not purchasing a subscription.

Just look at the continuing Carbonite popups for WSA on Windows PC … many accounts will be closed if that is not resolved this month.

Getting a meaningful response out of Support for the popups is extremely difficult, let alone receiving any emails from them (yes nothing in Spam/junk mail folders either).

Hi AVI.

Yes, I did see all the 1 star reviews in Google’s play store for the new mobile version. Like you, I was also disappointed at the new version. I agree, it’s an epic fail. Please know that I already sent an e-mail to Webroot  last week through the Play Store.

The app does work. But if you read my earlier post, I mention a couple things that Webroot should have done to reassure users that the app does in fact work, and offer a better explanation on what the new app really does. The current app design only created user interface friction and frustration.

Sure, users can abandon the app. That’s one way to vote.

Alternatively, users can voice their dissatisfaction (in a polite and respectful tone) to Webroot by e-mail. They should clearly point out the problem and offer possible solutions to help the developers. As I do VisualBasic coding at work for in-house solutions, I often need feedback from others, so that the solutions I build will actually work and not cause frustration. Coding can be exhausting work.

Nevertheless, I will continue my subscription so as to protect my laptops. I don’t pay extra for the mobile app.

Best wishes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hey the Webbroot App for mobile is built into a Chrome based browser so it’s still full cloud and it’s still protecting my device! I have been part of the Beta Team for the newer v6 and we all said our peace but in the end they said we are protected even better than v5. Just in my opinion!

Thanks TripleHelix for your thoughts.

btw when I open the app, I also see the date of the scan at the bottom of the screen. The app also provides a button for a manual scan.

It seems to me the new mobile app functions like a 2-in-one solution - it scans the device, but offers a secure Chrome-based browser.

Have a great day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Thanks TripleHelix for your thoughts.

btw when I open the app, I also see the date of the scan at the bottom of the screen. The app also provides a button for a manual scan.

It seems to me the new mobile app functions like a 2-in-one solution - it scans the device, but offers a secure Chrome-based browser.

Have a great day.

Right and Webroot’s Web Shield is built in as well so if you go to a bad website it will be blocked!

The change of android conditions by Google is still a big excuse... Because, I just tried ESET, Bitdefender, Comodo, Malwarebytes in Android mobile version, and they remain real applications of Security. People pay for a PC, Windows, Mac and Android security suite and end up with a browser that scans Android... Am I daydreaming or what?

This is a significant degradation of the services offered as well as the quality of the product.

For example, how can I see current connections, like in the old version?

Where is the anti-theft management?

etc., etc...

C’est une importante dégradation des services proposés ainsi que de la qualité du produit.

Par exemple, comment puis-je voir les connexions en cours, comme dans l’ancienne version ?

Où est la gestion antivol ?

etc… etc...