Solved

Compatibility of Samsung tablet with Secure Anywhere app

• 20 May 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

I just purchased Webroot’s antivirus protection. After installing on my desktop and my laptop, I proceeded to install on my Samsung Galaxy S6 tablet. A notice popped up about the Secure Anywhere app available via Google Play. I searched it out, and the store noted that it wasn’t compatible with my device. Is this information correct? If so, what can I do to protect my tablet?

icon

Best answer by TripleHelix 20 May 2021, 16:43

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @SAMeyer 

This is true in some cases but have you tried to install this newer version? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.webroot.wms

If that does not work then please Submit a Support Ticket and they will help you out. Please let us know the outcome because I have it installed on my Android Moto G9 Plus OS 10 phone.

Thanks,

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Yeah, the new version is basically a browser, so should work for you

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

Don’t even bother with the app. It’s useless. Just a “secure browser.” We need to be loud and clear we want an actual product that can secure us, check malicious apps, scan for malware/exploints, etc… 

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Just to be clear @JAQ-PC  and @jhartnerd123 https://answers.webroot.com/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=12&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&json=1&solutionid=1086

Webroot Mobile Security for Android version 6.1 (Released December 2nd, 2020)
Features
  • Introduction of a new interface that streamlines and simplifies powerful web security.
  • Real-time Webroot Browser protection using industry leading BrightCloud Threat Intelligence.
  • A/V Scanning and Remediation to protect device from malicious applications.
  • Introduced Account based activation for mobile users.
  • Updated app leverages Chromium framework with features that include Private mode, Browsing history, Clear cache, Tabs, Bookmarks, and more…
  • Integrated with Chrome Content Blockers to provide protection from high-risk malicious URLs.
  • Supports localization primarily for English and Japanese markets.
  • Provides mobile support for current Android OS updates.
Userlevel 1

Triple Helix, thanks for your reply. Installed from the app link you provided without a hitch. Appreciate your help.